Borreedd of stock lock screen. I think there should be a major upgrade like in iOS 7 there was a good change to lock screen. I first thought that its gonna change in WP8 but i was wrong. Actually WP8.5 sounds borringg..no..?
    03-09-2014 01:42 PM
    8.1 will change the lockscreen to win8(pc/tablet) style, so bigger clock, smaller date.
    03-09-2014 02:16 PM
    Would be cool if you had a notification for some app in the lock screen if you could grab it and swipe up to open it directly.
    03-09-2014 04:48 PM
    I remember when WP8 came out, all the buzz around the ability for apps to change the lock screen seemed silly. There is currently nothing sophisticated about it. I'd love for there to be some actions you can take directly from the lock screen, such as opening an app or responding to a text.
    teckris likes this.
    03-09-2014 05:14 PM
    Would be cool if you had a notification for some app in the lock screen if you could grab it and swipe up to open it directly.
    I think this happens in Asha. It would be awesome if posiible on WP too.
    03-09-2014 05:16 PM
    What you all are asking for is call Vulnerability.
    It's a a security risk/hole.

I seriously do not want a broken insecure Phone, if I did, I would get an Android or iPhone.
    03-09-2014 06:12 PM

I seriously do not want a broken insecure Phone, if I did, I would get an Android or iPhone.
    Broken and insecure? Android perhaps, but the iPhone? I haven't heard that complaint before.
    03-09-2014 07:58 PM
    I think Tom twitted active lockscreen notifications with the goldfinger. Something similar to moto x.
    03-09-2014 08:01 PM

How would it be a security hole if Microsoft added new features to the lock screen? I'm not talking about opening it up to developers, I'm talking about new feature added by Microsoft itself.
    03-09-2014 08:03 PM
    I think Tom twitted active lockscreen notifications with the goldfinger. Something similar to moto x.
    Yes, this:

"@tomwarren: Would be good if Windows Phone 8.1 included 3D touch gestures and notification interaction when phone's off. A combo of Glance and Moto X :)"

I wonder what does it actually mean.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    03-09-2014 08:15 PM
    I remember when WP8 came out, all the buzz around the ability for apps to change the lock screen seemed silly. There is currently nothing sophisticated about it. I'd love for there to be some actions you can take directly from the lock screen, such as opening an app or responding to a text.
    You can respond to text, but only if you catch the toast.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    03-10-2014 03:35 AM
    what I would like to see on lockscreen is quick glance for notifications if i press on message /email icon ... i'll be able to read it without unlocking my phone
    ttsoldier likes this.
    03-10-2014 03:56 AM
    They should add pattern lock fingerprint scan face detection lock etc !
    03-10-2014 04:01 AM
    the boring gray buttons to unlock the phone needs to change. Its so dull looking
    03-10-2014 10:57 PM
    I would like to see:

1. ability to launch directly into the app that shows notification

2. flexible notifications not just 5 fixed apps
    03-11-2014 02:58 AM
    I would like that if one of the five apps you have pinned to the bottom of the lockscreen had a counter (i.e. you had 1 message in the messaging icon on the lockscreen), swiping up the lockscreen whilst grabbing that icon will open up the app directly after you unlock the phone! It seems logical to me...
    F3rzz and ttsoldier like this.
    03-11-2014 02:59 AM
    I would like that if one of the five apps you have pinned to the bottom of the lockscreen had a counter (i.e. you had 1 message in the messaging icon on the lockscreen), swiping up the lockscreen whilst grabbing that icon will open up the app directly after you unlock the phone! It seems logical to me...
    ooooo that'd be awesome!
    03-11-2014 03:02 AM
    Feels like Ubuntu concept for me :)
    It would be nice that way... [swipe to right wont be good?]
    03-11-2014 03:15 AM
    My most wanted thing is to be able to disable the SMS toast notifications
    03-11-2014 12:34 PM
    what I would like to see on lockscreen is quick glance for notifications if i press on message /email icon ... i'll be able to read it without unlocking my phone
    This!
    03-11-2014 01:21 PM
    Broken and insecure? Android perhaps, but the iPhone? I haven't heard that complaint before.
    It's been well documented.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ipho...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
    03-11-2014 02:05 PM
    Basically how the iphone has been doing for the last few years? In that case, it's grab a notification and swipe to the right. But yes, I agree. It's a great feature.
    03-11-2014 05:07 PM
    it would be awesome, but what about privacy? What happens when someone picks up your phone and starts going button happy?
    03-13-2014 03:03 AM
    I want only three things.
    1. Pattern Lock
    2. Fake finger print scanner (because already existing phones would not have a finger print scanner hardware).
    I can be opened by some trick , that others don't know.
    3. Face detection .
    03-13-2014 03:33 AM
    it would be awesome, but what about privacy? What happens when someone picks up your phone and starts going button happy?

And that was my point, it is not secure.
    03-24-2014 10:36 PM