Boot Logo for WP. 8.1 (they should change)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think there should be a starship flying in when booting, like in the intro to Star Trek. It also should make this sound. Actually, it should just be this intro!!!!

Just kidding. I don't care about this at all.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It would be cool if the window rotated like the live tiles showing some significance to windows. It would have symbols for example. Maybe a phone, office, people, explorer. Something's that represent the OS as a whole, so people get a quick comprehension of its a capabilities. What do you guys think?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
they are heading towards it. that's why they call it Windows Blue.

but in my opinion, i like old logo of 4 colors of MSN (butterfly).
i really love it.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
How often you see bootlogo ? I saw it about 1 month ago when i buy my L920, and after that it runs 24/7/365 ... So Bootlogo is that last thing I need change.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The current logo follows the metro guidelines to the point - it's simple and clean.

Can we please stop with the "this is Metro" crap? Whenever any change is suggested, there's always someone who says the current way is perfect and adheres to arbitrary guidelines. There isn't even any understanding of the guidelines anymore, it's just buzzwords. No, Metro doesn't mean bootscreens must be static images with bright backgrounds. The old bootscreen was less blinding with a black background, while it was more pleasant with its use of standard transition animations.

Oh, and to the people saying WP8 boots fast so it doesn't matter ? Mango booted faster.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I just posted what I think, that the change isn't necessary IMO.

Rather pointless. What is truly necessary in the luxury items that are smartphones? This is not about necessity, it's about improvement.

Didn't mean to direct my statement solely at you, but rather the collective knee-jerk reactions from many members whenever a change is proposed. Windows Phone isn't perfect, and sometimes it's the little things that count.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't see much problem of the boot screen either, though when you turn your phone on in a dark room, the screen turns VERY bright for a few seconds...

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't see much problem of the boot screen either, though when you turn your phone on in a dark room, the screen turns VERY bright for a few seconds...
that is bcoz at the time of boot up, screen goes to high brightness and generally we have kept our phone brightness to low or auto mode.
thus screen goes very bright for a few moments.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I think they need to get rid of OEM and Carrier boot screens. I don't know why they're there. I already have "Nokia" stamped across the front of my phone and a little ATT globe at the top as well.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority here but I've never liked the new logo. I don't think it conveys a "window" anymore than the old logo did. It should have been this.msstorelogo.png

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think they need to get rid of OEM and Carrier boot screens. I don't know why they're there. I already have "Nokia" stamped across the front of my phone and a little ATT globe at the top as well.
this is bcoz they want to remind u that u r with us and we r giving u good time (or bad time - casewise), so that to stick with them or not in future. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb