8.1 and Nokia

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
They may, but the 8.1 update is different than the smaller GDR updates. 8.1 could be considered a WP9 update by real update standards, but they are keeping the 8.1 name to go along with what they are doing with RT and full blown windows.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Will Nokia have additions to WP 8.1 as they do with WP8 GDR2 + Amber or WP8 GDR3 + Black?

When the deal is closed (this month) "Nokia" is going to be a part of the WP team. Software and hardware will be built to match each other perfectly. So, from now on, I don't think there are going to see any more updates like Nokia Amber or Nokia Black. "Nokia" phones will just use the main version of WP because they will be (helping) developing it!

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
We need unity bro..!! No discrimination..!! Power lies within unity..!! This unity will be the reason behind the increase in market share of WP in the near future..!!

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
As far as now, I think they will have something with 8.1 as they had with GDR's.
But after the deal and Nokia Completely moving with MS,this mite stop.

please note. these are my views.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
When the deal is closed (this month) "Nokia" is going to be a part of the WP team. Software and hardware will be built to match each other perfectly. So, from now on, I don't think there are going to see any more updates like Nokia Amber or Nokia Black. "Nokia" phones will just use the main version of WP because they will be (helping) developing it!

Nokia stopped development for Symbian at the Belle update. Now, Nokia will technically stop development at the Black update.

It seems Nokia can update anything past the letter B! I just find this a little amusing :smile:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Nokia stopped development for Symbian at the Belle update. Now, Nokia will technically stop development at the Black update.

It seems Nokia can update anything past the letter B! I just find this a little amusing :smile:
not actually. Nokia was in development. but due to circumstances they stopped releases.
they had anounced the path way after Belle, it was Carla & Donna.
anyway, thats in the past now. and u might be correct with conclusion of B, as by the time of release of 8.1, there wont be smartphone division for Nokia, it will be of Microsoft itself.
we may get similar situations like Android Stock & Others.
Microsoft will be giving away Stock, and others like Samsung, HTC, and other all the newcomers shall be providing something over it.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

With everything going on, I doubt the deal will be finalized.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the Nokia deal will go through. When Windows Phone 8.1 is launched, Nokia may need to release firmware to go along with this, or they may not. The firmware, while it may contain enhancements to cameras and whatnot, generally consists of drivers to make the hardware work properly with 8.1. Even if Microsoft has absorbed Nokia by then, there won't have been any time for the two companies to start working as one, so Nokia will still need to release their drivers separately. They may already have 8.1 and are working on the firmware, but no one has said anything for sure.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nokia deal will go through. When Windows Phone 8.1 is launched, Nokia may need to release firmware to go along with this, or they may not. The firmware, while it may contain enhancements to cameras and whatnot, generally consists of drivers to make the hardware work properly with 8.1. Even if Microsoft has absorbed Nokia by then, there won't have been any time for the two companies to start working as one, so Nokia will still need to release their drivers separately. They may already have 8.1 and are working on the firmware, but no one has said anything for sure.
all people make a common mistake.
nokia has sold only the Smartphone division to MS, not the complete company. and by selling it, they have got money in return. they may go in some new venture, may be new Nokia X may be the beginning of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb