Microsoft Camera

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am excited about the ability to not show all pictures on the live tile.. is that sad? >.<

Also this looks awesome... maybe with Nokia and MS becoming one, I wont need a separate Nokia Camera app and can just use the default one.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am excited about the ability to not show all pictures on the live tile.. is that sad? >.<

Also this looks awesome... maybe with Nokia and MS becoming one, I wont need a separate Nokia Camera app and can just use the default one.

but this lacks manual focus controls and dial's from nokia camera ;)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's really important for the MS Camera app to be insanely great. I mean on iOS who uses anything but the Camera app except for using photo-taking apps like Instagram?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This is already possible in WP8, by adding photos to favorites in the photos hub and using 'shuffle background'. Only the photos you added to favorites will show up on the live tile (you might need to wait for 30 mins for the changes to appear on the tile).

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
but this lacks manual focus controls and dial's from nokia camera ;)

Right but what I mean is when they join, there would be no reason for nokia's camera app to be separate and not integrated into the OS since they would be 1 company now. So the Microsoft Camera should really be an improved Nokia Camera. So I hope.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I REAAAALLY hope this ''microsoft camera'' puts an end to the current terrible post processament of the photos, they put a green hue or yellowish sometimes, I hope changes were made..

The UI seems nice, i'll use it instead of nokia camera if they fix this ''hue'' issue, and all basic functions (flash, for example) are easily visible, while on nokia camera it's such a small icon..

So, nokia camera for when I need more control on the photo for landscapes or something and daily microsoft camera, fast and simple =), and for CHRIST SAKE, I can't take these hues any longer, it was on the 920 and now even more on the 925

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I REAAAALLY hope this ''microsoft camera'' puts an end to the current terrible post processament of the photos, they put a green hue or yellowish sometimes, I hope changes were made..

The UI seems nice, i'll use it instead of nokia camera if they fix this ''hue'' issue, and all basic functions (flash, for example) are easily visible, while on nokia camera it's such a small icon..

So, nokia camera for when I need more control on the photo for landscapes or something and daily microsoft camera, fast and simple =), and for CHRIST SAKE, I can't take these hues any longer, it was on the 920 and now even more on the 925

And even more on the 1020 :cry:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
you mean the burst mode , if so yes , smart cam images on my Lumia 920 shoots on same resolution :(

I should have specified, like oonly Lumia 1520, since the stock camera does not take a high res shot along with the 5mp shot, it would be nice to be able to specify what size shots you wanna take - to take advantage of my 20 mp sensor with the stock camera.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I should have specified, like oonly Lumia 1520, since the stock camera does not take a high res shot along with the 5mp shot, it would be nice to be able to specify what size shots you wanna take - to take advantage of my 20 mp sensor with the stock camera.

+1520 , I am still on old Lumia 920 :( , how is the 1520's 20MP when compared to older devices like my 920 ? , I know this a lame question comparing 8.7 MP pure view with 20MP :p

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
+1520 , I am still on old Lumia 920 :( , how is the 1520's 20MP when compared to older devices like my 920 ? , I know this a lame question comparing 8.7 MP pure view with 20MP :p

I came from a 920 and my wife currently still has hers, though the 920 is a great camera in itself, the 1520 takes amazing photos , in daylight the 1520 is hands down much better, though the low light is more hit or miss. It seems to me the 920 is superior in low light photos with no flash used. Also the video in low light on the 1520 needs some tweaking via firmware as its really grainy.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I came from a 920 and my wife currently still has hers, though the 920 is a great camera in itself, the 1520 takes amazing photos , in daylight the 1520 is hands down much better, though the low light is more hit or miss. It seems to me the 920 is superior in low light photos with no flash used. Also the video in low light on the 1520 needs some tweaking via firmware as its really grainy.

Thanks! I am waiting for Lumia 930 , I am not at all comfortable with 6" phones ,4/4.5 is perfect for my hand :)
I will surely gift my Lumia 920 to my mom , she is using Lumia 520 at moment , she wont' feel a dramatic change since she does not play games or capture images but it will be nice for her to carry Lumia 920 :D (she loved glance feature though)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss