Windows Phone 8.1 Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Aprox. 12 hours away. Take a nap, eat a burrito, pet a cat, kiss a girl, paint a picture, watch a movie, cure cancer, get the 8196 tile, run a marathon, invent a time machine, get a job at Microsoft, or anything else to pass these last few hours before we leap into the future, and join our iOS and Android kin in terms of feature parity.

Error 404 : girl not found :'(

Torro Rosso

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I was preparing myself for the update, I had to clear my mind and distance from daily issues. So I took DMT and spaced out for 20 minutes. Later on I come back to Earth, land safely, only to find out the UPDATE STILL ISN'T THERE!! :angry: Sadly, the pipe was empty so I could not warp timespace anymore :(

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Are we just guessing that it will land tomorrow? Or was there some confirmation I wasn't aware of?

It's all rumor and speculation, but these are rumors with some hefty substance. Definitely coming out sometime on either Monday the 14th or Tuesday 15th, but most rumors indicated somewhere between 9-11am PST on the 14th.

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Aprox. 12 hours away. Take a nap, eat a burrito, pet a cat, kiss a girl, paint a picture, watch a movie, cure cancer, get the 8196 tile, run a marathon, invent a time machine, get a job at Microsoft, or anything else to pass these last few hours before we leap into the future, and join our iOS and Android kin in terms of feature parity.

After all of those hours . I'll get Windows Phone 20 update :p

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Aaaah I'm so ******* jealous at you guys, don't have a wphone yet, will wait for the Nokia 930 but can't wait to read all the reviews here 👯

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

midix

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
And you *may* void your warranty if you update with Developer Preview. At least, that's what Microsoft says. Quoting:

Important notes
There are a few key items that you must understand before you update your phone:
After you install a preview update, you may void any warranty from your mobile operator and OEM.
A preview update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update; mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be available when the official update for your phone is available.
You cannot revert or return to a prior operating system release version after you have updated your phone to a preview update. We will move you forward to a "released state," but we cannot take you back to a prior "released state."

I've already seen the new 8.1 features in my Windows Phone emulator (I downloaded SDK and played a bit) and I'd like to get them on my L920 but now I'm scared that I might screw my phone to a level that even the only Nokia official and completely legal Nokia Software Recovery Tool won't be able to help me. Especially, considering that I bought my phone not from my carrier but from a dealer who imports them from other regions. I live in Europe (Baltic states), but my phone has Saudi Arabia product code. But the dealer has put the correct firmware on it (which matches my region but does not match the product code). At first it was on Lumia Amber, and I updated it to Black over the air. I was afraid that Nokia servers will look at my product code and get me an Arabian Black firmware, but it went fine and I got the correct update for the Baltic region. Out of curiosity, I launched the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to see what firmware it would offer to me ... oh no, it sees the product code and offers only Lumia Black for Arabia. That's too bad. It means, if something goes wrong with my phone (for example, if I update it to WP 8.1 Developer edition :winktongue:) then the Nokia tool will restore me to Arabian and I'll have to use some other not so legal tools to get the Baltic firmware back. It's not been SIM locked (and imei.info portal confirms this) and the dealer has his own warranty and I trust him - he is one of the biggest electronic shops in my country. But still I know that if something gets wrong, the dealer will try to use every possible reason to avoid his warranty obligations, and developer unlocked phone definitely might be a good reason. So, I'm hesitating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre