Windows Phone 8.1 Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Jus downloaded the first update and now the second update requires WiFi I'm pissed. I'm at work with no WiFi at he moment I may have to run out to Starbucks or something

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

At work, are you in a office? Can't your computer share the internet? Or if you have a really nice friend who can share his connection with Wifi? :D

Oh and the wp8.1 gears are ... SLOW! :D

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm at the point where it did the initial update to make way for the 8.1 and it downloaded the 8.1 update. I'm patiently being impatient :winktongue:

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting - install finished and now every single app on my phone is reinstalling.
Looks like 8.1 requires all apps to be reinstalled.

madasafishuk

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
All done and dusted, all in all took about an hour on my 1520 with 1 hotfix update then the biggie... Killed my battery though as down to 2% when finished from 80% at start..

Now for the playing to start :)

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Jus downloaded the first update and now the second update requires WiFi I'm pissed. I'm at work with no WiFi at he moment I may have to run out to Starbucks or something

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

I would suggest waiting until you're at home and can afford to put your phone down for awhile to do the update. It's a big update, so it takes awhile to download. Then the install process takes 15-30 minutes to complete. You're looking at up to 45 minutes start to finish. A quick trip down to Starbucks probably isn't a good idea.

dorep

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I simply dont understand why wifi cannot be simple toggle button... i am so sad... And there is no cellular data nor flashlight for toggle in the action center as well. Shame. All very simple features and still not available. They are more important than this Cortana...

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I simply dont understand why wifi cannot be simple toggle button... i am so sad... And there is no cellular data nor flashlight for toggle in the action center as well. Shame. All very simple features and still not available. They are more important than this Cortana...

you can select from settings and place them in action center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss