Day after 8.1 drops. I can't wait to read the stories

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't want for the "day after" 8.1 update stories. The pros and cons. I anticipate the pros will be lots of great reads. I wonder what the focus will be on most. Functionality? Action center? Cortana?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What purpose of thread like this ? Everybody who cant wait for release create topic where write how he cant wait...
Cmon, i cant wait too, but this isnt do release earlier. Just wait for it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to read OUR stories. Here at WPCentral. I already know the bulk of what the technically dishonest g-blogger class of talking microbes has to say and I'm sure they are already writing those stories ahead of the update. I want to read our stories after 8.1 takes off and the push for 8.2. Those I expect to be awesome.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I want to read OUR stories. Here at WPCentral. I already know the bulk of what the technically dishonest g-blogger class of talking microbes has to say and I'm sure they are already writing those stories ahead of the update. I want to read our stories after 8.1 takes off and the push for 8.2. Those I expect to be awesome.

LOL!
Liking this description of the gunners who will be aiming at 8.1.

I'm thinking right here will be the best source of accurate information for this update.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I will be looking forward to reading on the notification centre and multitasking these are the two I'm the most interested in.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention, the discoveries and those little gems we missed from what is expected in this 8.1 update. I almost look forward to those as much as the drop itself. And the bloggers on WPCentral will be on fire.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
By the way, Is this incorrect to say that WP8.1 copied features from iOS and Android ?
I don't like those writers who always bash about who copied whom.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
By the way, Is this incorrect to say that WP8.1 copied features from iOS and Android ?
I don't like those writers who always bash about who copied whom.

Yes this time around, I wouldn't bash anyone who said WP8.1 copied features as most look like just a bunch of catch up stuff. However, remember iOS and Android may have copied these from Nokia or Windows Mobile too unless it is notification centre drop down we are talking about.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the main event will be cortana, and what can she do.

Then you will find people saying its "almost the perfect OS" but the app gap is still there.

I think April will be an amazing month. But why April 2nd, why not 1st?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

So, you just want to hear one side of a story? The one that highlights and sugar coats everything while making excuses to gloss over any shortcomings? Not the ones by the mean old bloggers who make you feel bad, you want the ones from your fellow cheerleaders that make you feel good, right? IMO, that's dishonest as well, just in the opposite way.

I may be exaggerating a little there, but seriously. It's easy to tell who the hitmen are and avoid them, but only reading stories from one biased source is not necessarily healthy for a platform. You need to be able to recognize the faults as well as the advantages in any system. If all you do is praise something it will stagnate. If no one ever calls a manufacturer/developer to task then things never improve or get fixed, or do so very slowly. That's all I'm really saying.

Carry on.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the main event will be cortana, and what can she do.

Then you will find people saying its "almost the perfect OS" but the app gap is still there.

I think April will be an amazing month. But why April 2nd, why not 1st?

I can only think they wanted to do it on an even number and end it on an even number. Some people say that having an event on a odd number can be negative 1st to the 3rd compare to an even number 2nd to 4th which is positive.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So, you just want to hear one side of a story? The one that highlights and sugar coats everything while making excuses to gloss over any shortcomings? Not the ones by the mean old bloggers who make you feel bad, you want the ones from your fellow cheerleaders that make you feel good, right? IMO, that's dishonest as well, just in the opposite way.

I may be exaggerating a little there, but seriously. It's easy to tell who the hitmen are and avoid them, but only reading stories from one biased source is not necessarily healthy for a platform. You need to be able to recognize the faults as well as the advantages in any system. If all you do is praise something it will stagnate. If no one ever calls a manufacturer/developer to task then things never improve or get fixed, or do so very slowly. That's all I'm really saying.

Carry on.

Who peed in your cornflakes? If you like atrocities, train wrecks and general malaise in everything in your life, including your technology news, google has a place for you. I don't believe anyone here, and certainly not me expects that there will not be problems along the way. Surely there will be some.

Now weather you want to admit it or not, this update is a very big update for Windows Phone. And inasmuch as it will not satisfy everyone, I expect it will please many. Much in this update is the result of requests coming from thousands. Microsoft is delivering on some of the promise in Windows Phone. So when it drops, many, including myself will feel a sense of a rebirth of sorts. Even a parity. Out of that rebirth will be many stories. I'm looking to read the positives ones more than the stories, you want to read.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte