As far as I can make out the Nokia/Microsoft merger doesn't include Nokia's mapping business.

Will Here Maps still be available on Lumia devices after the merger?

Here Maps ties in really well with Here Drive, which is by far the best satnav app I've come across so far.

I've not had the opportunity to use Bing Maps on my phone yet.....my 1520 came bundled with Here Maps and I can't seem to find an official Microsoft Bing Maps app in the store (which is just a bit weird, seeing as its a Microsoft store and doesn't appear to have a Microsoft map app....)
    03-18-2014 01:02 PM
    As far as I can make out the Nokia/Microsoft merger doesn't include Nokia's mapping business.

Will Here Maps still be available on Lumia devices after the merger?

Here Maps ties in really well with Here Drive, which is by far the best satnav app I've come across so far.

I've not had the opportunity to use Bing Maps on my phone yet.....my 1520 came bundled with Here Maps and I can't seem to find an official Microsoft Bing Maps app in the store (which is just a bit weird, seeing as its a Microsoft store and doesn't appear to have a Microsoft map app....)
    The map situation on WP is atrocious. Bing maps is "hidden" on your phone. If you open an address in a text or in local scout, it will open in Bing Maps. Or you can download an app from the marketplace called "Maps" which is a shortcut to the Bing Maps on the phone. It would be nice if there was one app instead of Bing Maps, Here Maps, and Here Drive.
    03-18-2014 01:10 PM
    Microsoft will be licensing HERE maps so they will continue to be the map default on Windows Phone for the time being.
    03-18-2014 01:16 PM
    I thought Bing maps basically used HERE maps tech, no?
    03-18-2014 03:28 PM
    Yes. Bing Maps uses HERE Platform APIs for Maps, Traffic, Geocoding and Routing to produce the most detailed and accurate Maps, Traffic and Directions.
    03-18-2014 03:45 PM
    I hope they make it available across WP devices. Nokia HERE maps is the best mobile map software I have used. I am mostly on android and there is nothing remotely as good in the android store if you want synced offline maps.
    03-18-2014 05:52 PM