Which Video Features are your most expecting in Windows Phone 8.1

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone has excelled in the Photography arena, but its barren when it comes to video manipulation. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and it does an admirable job of capturing video. However, outside of using the Nokia Video trim application, there isn't much else that can be done with video natively on the phone. No one has mentioned any new video features for Windows Phone 8.1 but I hope that's more of an oversight than a reality. Windows Phone 8.1 really needs the ability to natively accomplish the following:

Re-frame video in real time
Extract Images from video in real time
Auto create .gifs from video natively
Add music, filters, text, images and canned effects to video.
3rd party API's for video manipulation
A native video Editor

I don't currently have access to the developer preview, but has anyone seen or heard of any of the features mentioned above in windows phone 8.1

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am niether a shutter bug nor a video expert, but just basic tools I can learn to have fun with would be nice. Count me in on a native video editor.

With instructions, please......

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Video Editor
Whatever APIs that enable Instagram to implement video capture (And access videos from storage)
Unparalleled OIS for video on Lumias(?)
Manual focus whilst recording
Toggle flash whilst recording

This is something different I guess(Not really under expectations, but more of a desire/request:
A toggle to enable video capture in landscape while holding phone in portrait. The reason for this is because holding a phone in portrait is more "handy", and it is useful for quick video capture. Example would be the Cisco Flip camcorders. As a person who takes video regularly to record down moments with family and friends, I would love to access the camera using one hand and start shooting away without fumbling with the orientation of the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss