What's your one feature?

Murphdog456

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
All of them I think it's important that Windows phone stays competitive with android and IOS to even be considered as a viable choice.

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Cortana...for sure.

This is really the ONLY feature I've been waiting on since my first WP device, the Sprint HTC Arrive (along with NFC payments, but that's more of US not adopting it thing). Ever since getting my Arrive, I've always either carried two devices or completely switched to an iPhone or Nexus device because of Siri and Google Now. I understand a lot of people don't use or need voice assistants, but when I'm driving with my kids it is VERY handy for ALL kinds of scenarios: reminders, finding somewhere without having to give a specific "find x" query, etc. I think the key is having natural conversations. TellMe would be fine for me if it supported natural language conversations, but it doesn't (and lot of times, what it does translate comes out wrong, though it has come a long way).

Indigo and Maluuba have kinda sufficed up till now, but it's about time we received a native natural language voice assistant.

Chakriau

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I would love if Microsoft adds more feature to LiveTiles. Like more animated LiveTiles and support for interactive LiveTiles something like Interacting with Music Player or ability to watch a Video on the LiveTile itselft :) I know the idea is crazy and not listed in the 8.1 Features list.

I will choose "SD Card Support". Not able to install Games in my L820 due to space issue.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The ability to save only High Resolution .JPG, and to be able to auto-upload to Onedrive. Currently, there is only an option (on Lumia Icon) to save 5mp, 5mp + 16mp, and 5mp + 16mp DNG. I would like to save only the 16mp file, whether DNG, or JPG, and have that file auto-upload to Onedrive. I have unlimited data, and should be able to do what I want with my image files. It is super annoying to have to go and delete all the 5mp files, because, I literally have no use for them.

Notification Center - Yes, the live tiles give me notifications, but if something buzzes my phone, id like a shortcut to access that.

I am intrigued by Cortana - I hated Google now (mostly because it was slow, and crashed my phone), and I have never used Siri. Im excited to see how it works, what it does, and if I will actually use it.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'll bite, what's with all the notification stuff? What apps are you guys using that is constantly sending you messages? I'll admit, i'm not into the hipstagram, vine,facebook,<insert social app here> stuff, but I'm seriously curious as to what messages are you guys missing?

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Action Center.
But, does anyone know if they're ever implementing search on the Music and Videos apps (now that they're apart, previously the Music+Videos app)?
I hate browsing by the letters…

Opera Ghost

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Notification Center!

thundr51, granted, many notifications come from social apps, but I also get notifications from my battery app when my battery is low. Also, I had an Amber alert come through to my phone and before I could read it, it disappeared. Wasn't a text message or an email. I had no way to go back and pull that message up. Or at least I never found a way.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The ability to save only High Resolution .JPG, and to be able to auto-upload to Onedrive. Currently, there is only an option (on Lumia Icon) to save 5mp, 5mp + 16mp, and 5mp + 16mp DNG. I would like to save only the 16mp file, whether DNG, or JPG, and have that file auto-upload to Onedrive. I have unlimited data, and should be able to do what I want with my image files. It is super annoying to have to go and delete all the 5mp files, because, I literally have no use for them.

I thought those 5MP photos were used to share... So it's not like they are completely useless (unless you aren't the kind of person who wants to share photos, which is perfectly fine).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes