05-08-2014 05:51 PM
59 123
tools
    I'm fine with whatever direction MS is taking with WP. The idea is that only certain colors work well with the UI and if someone picks a color of their own it might not reflect properly in the UI. MS internally tests different colors and if they fit with the UI they are then added as we've seen with each major update.
    Kram Sacul likes this.
    03-25-2014 09:40 PM
    I am happy with the colour indigo but I would love more options and choices
    03-26-2014 12:34 AM
    I wish they had more subdued colors. The current ones are ok, but to much contrast or something. It keeps me stuck on either olive or steel. Others are to bright. Yellow is like looking into the sun.
    03-29-2014 01:19 PM
    I'm fine with whatever direction MS is taking with WP. The idea is that only certain colors work well with the UI and if someone picks a color of their own it might not reflect properly in the UI. MS internally tests different colors and if they fit with the UI they are then added as we've seen with each major update.
    Really? So in what universe did poo brown fit with the UI ? And taupe while we're at it.

Some of the colors work well and some don't but the problem is just that there aren't enough to satisfy customization inclinations for a lot of users. Maybe we aren't the majority though.

ANyways, on the whole I enjoy my phone so much I don't think about the tiles too often. Cyan and Emerald look the best to me, but Teal and Olive are kind of cool in their own way. They're totally nostalgic of some of the win95 color themes.
    03-31-2014 05:11 AM
    I wish they had more subdued colors. The current ones are ok, but to much contrast or something. It keeps me stuck on either olive or steel. Others are to bright. Yellow is like looking into the sun.
    Agreed. On my 820, even with the saturation turned right down, i find a lot of the colour choices unusable.

The white tile icons get a little lost in that yellow.
    03-31-2014 03:54 PM
    As I wrote in another thread, now that you can change background (behind the tiles). Just choose a solid whatever-color background, and this will also change the tile colors. So for those of you who want high contrast (blackwhite), just go for a black wallpaper :D
    03-31-2014 08:08 PM
    One good thing about the "tile\wallpapers" is you can now add any color as the color...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1!
    04-27-2014 03:26 AM
    Hell No!
    Everybody needs more colors, I guess!
    04-28-2014 11:44 AM
    *If* you can change the background of the Tiles, one could just set a plain colour background of their choosing. Although that's a clumsy way to go about it.

What i really want is the dual-colour themes of Windows 8, or the ability to change the Tiles and Background to replicate that look, as demonstrated in my unfinished Amateurish mockups.

This is precisely correct. Just save an image with your favorite/proffered color to your phone and set it as the wallpaper.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Microsoft has already give everyone with Windows Phone 8.1 the tools to do what all of you are "so desperate for."

http://i.imgur.com/M3Djvqz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yBpkyUa.jpg
    05-08-2014 05:51 PM
59 123