Are you satisfied with the present Limited Accent Theme colors?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
We already have RGB sliders with interop unlocked Samsung Ativ's and SamWP8 Tools by -WOLF-. So its not about whats difficult to MS.

However arent everyone basically getting this if we get backround images to tiles, as you can put basically any flat color there? Its actually better that way. For example little while ago I had a really cool dark blue color, it was great at today tiles, but not good in the text parts elsewhere. With backround image for today I wouldnt have had this problem.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Give us a slider so we can choose whatever color we want MS.
This ^ is what we should be getting. I see no logic in giving us anything less. There are 3rd party apps that let you change colors within the app using a slider. I see no logic in MS preventing this ability.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
cad-color-palettes.jpg

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to really want a custom RGB colour picker, but honestly, after all this time with the phone, I'm completely happy with running the teal theme. If Microsoft introduced custom RGB / hexidecimal colour, I'd probably try it, but end up returning to the teal theme. :p

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to really want a custom RGB colour picker, but honestly, after all this time with the phone, I'm completely happy with running the teal theme. If Microsoft introduced custom RGB / hexidecimal colour, I'd probably try it, but end up returning to the teal theme. :p

Teal is the best :D

Give us a slider so we can choose whatever color we want MS.

Whenever I try to fiddle with the slider I get awful results, I'm just not good at it I suppose. I'd rather see they give us more colors, and after you pick it, you get to choose among 10 shades of it or something. I prefer to pick a preset color.
When I say more, I mean keep some, and give us new ones I'm pretty sure no one uses 'taupe' or 'brown'.
I only like 'emerald', 'teal', 'magenta', 'crimson', 'orange', 'amber', 'steel', 'mauve', though I only cycle among teal, crimson and magenta.
An option to add and remove colors would also be nice, this way you could enter the RGB value of a color you know is pretty and save it for future use. And remove 'taupe' of course.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't say that I'm completely not satisfied by the colors .. I do like cyan, steel, mauve and emerald.

It would be nice to have the slider thing or a greater number of pre-set choices. What's really bugs me is the nature of the colors .. For example look at LINE messenger live tile for example, or the Facebook messenger app ( the icon in the app menu, not the one on the home screen) they have that color tone in not sure what its called but it do really pop and has much better looking colors than any green or blue in the Theme colors of WP.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that the colours we have have too much contrast, and too much saturation that it really hurts the eyes when we look at them. I think MS just lazily labelled them as default HEX, instead of actually thinking about their overall appearance, gradient, etc..

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

This video of the SDK seems to suggest there will be a 'Custom' colour option. Though it's not obvious how that'd work or what 'custom' actually means.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077