WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, according to Tom, not everything would RTM. Some would be left to GDRs. This sucks seeing as this was pushed for more than a year and MS still cant get their **** together. They are making us play the waiting game a lot for features that have been on other phones for years.
I see WP losing its momentum as many people would not be patient enough to play this silly game with MS

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to Tom, not everything would RTM. Some would be left to GDRs. This sucks seeing as this was pushed for more than a year and MS still cant get their **** together. They are making us play the waiting game a lot for features that have been on other phones for years.
I see WP losing its momentum as many people would not be patient enough to play this silly game with MS

Well in that case, I hope the significant features like Cortana and Action Centre will debut in this specific WP 8.1 update and not in the GDRs later on. And if Microsoft has been controlling the leaks by UnleashThePhones on Youtube, then isn't it most likely the features of the leaked videos to debut in WP 8.1 at build 2014?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Last edited:

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft shouldn't do this sort of leaking if they aren't going to put out the goods.

I wonder why this hasn't been posted on the main site as an article, though. This would be something we'd like to know about.

RIMperator

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it.
Too much interogations :
1. Why not to put it as an article in WPCentral
2. No sources
3. MS would rather release an incomplete (and not instable) developer preview of wp8.1 than none
4. Too much expectation for MS to not release it
5. Nobody said that except Daniel. I haven't seen any article in any website that pointed out that information without quoting Daniel.
6. As someone said (too lazy to go up and find who), this is the best moment for WpCentral to make revenue based on ads, number of posts, number of visit to the forum...

So it might be a joke, a strategy, a just an intuition. But I don't believe it.

When has MS actually delivered something complete? I always felt like a Beta tester when using MS products ...

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
When has MS actually delivered something complete? I always felt like a Beta tester when using MS products ...

This should be post of the year. LOL! I feel exactly the same way!! HAHAHA! xD

You people should be thankful that the announcement hasn't been delayed. We'll at least know what to expect

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Good grief, what an embarrassing number of posts from people who are absolutely crushed that this update that was never officially announced may not be available on the exact day that it was rumored to.

This is exactly why Microsoft gives so little information on release dates... because of all the people like in this thread who can't come to grips with expecting something and then not being able to get it exactly when they thought they would.

Not only that, but there is also speculation that WPCentral is withholding news to increase ad hits? Did it ever occur to you guys that WPCentral is trying to verify the information and get a better idea of what the delay might mean, what it was caused by, and how long it might last?

Can we please calm down? Look, I think MS has been too slow as much as the next guy, but this is a HUGE update and anyone who thought it was 100% assured that it would launch and be available the day they announced it was being completely naive and has only themselves to blame. The flak MS will catch if they do release (even as beta) and it bricks peoples phones or causes call issues would be tremendous.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Good grief, what an embarrassing number of posts from people who are absolutely crushed that this update that was never officially announced may not be available on the exact day that it was rumored to.

This is exactly why Microsoft gives so little information on release dates... because of all the people like in this thread who can't come to grips with expecting something and then not being able to get it exactly when they thought they would.

Not only that, but there is also speculation that WPCentral is withholding news to increase ad hits? Did it ever occur to you guys that WPCentral is trying to verify the information and get a better idea of what the delay might mean, what it was caused by, and how long it might last?

Can we please calm down? Look, I think MS has been too slow as much as the next guy, but this is a HUGE update and anyone who thought it was 100% assured that it would launch and be available the day they announced it was being completely naive and has only themselves to blame. The flak MS will catch if they do release (even as beta) and it bricks peoples phones or causes call issues would be tremendous.

I said the same thing and others too but I guess people like misconceptions about this :/

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley are talking about it on Windows Weekly now and they're also saying that they might not have it ready for BUILD either.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

People react this way, because fact is, MS is way behind other platforms with WP. I don't give a crap for the excuse 'but it's a big update, so wait'. That is part of what's wrong. I rather had half of this update half a year ago, and the other half this summer. With your reasoning it would be okay to wait another year for an update that would be twice as big by then. Or hey, lets wait 2 years for an update that's trice as big. That's not how **** goes around anymore. People want more updates to keep up with the changing world. There is really no reason why separate volume controls has to rest on a shelf until the whole WP8.1 package is ready. They could have spit out many of these tiny improvements way earlier.
People are just tired of waiting for true WP improvements.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to laugh when I saw that someone had stated above that Daniel is just guessing. You'd think that regular readers would know well enough that Daniel isn't going to say something like that unless he has a solid source. And the people who want to know the source should know that as a journalist who is getting leaked information, as soon as he gives up a source, he will never have another source again. Come on, people. Think. Dan doesn't just get this stuff from fortune cookies, tea leaves, crystal balls, or tarot cards. He's a legit journalist with a reputation for reliable information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster