03-30-2014 03:58 PM
287 ... 45678 ...
tools
    No man waited for almost 3 months.....
    its april fool bofore april
    Zapella Tiago likes this.
    03-26-2014 02:30 AM
    I see that if there are bugs the haters will use this against windows phone and even some users will blame msft for the bugs. I want 8.1 as much as every one who wants the update but msft has a reason whether it be dumb or good.
    The average person isn't going to download this and anyone that is going to download it will know the risks, so no one is going to blame Microsoft for their phone messing up.
    03-26-2014 02:47 AM
    Wp8.1 developers preview will effect the 930/630 sales.

They will give us wp8.1 after the 930/630 go on sale for 1 to 2 months.

This is me guessing. And being extremely sad.....
    03-26-2014 03:04 AM
    Daniel Rubino ‏@Daniel_Rubino 1h
    btw, some bad news...Windows Phone Developer Program for 8.1 probably won't happen on the 2nd as it's been delayed

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/st...72808830820352

ohhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnn

That hurts.

1st April is also not that far
    03-26-2014 03:09 AM
    So wpcentral posts news article for 'bug fixes' for apps, but for something as big as an apparently delayed developer preview, all we get is a tweet from Daniel. Something odd.
    "An apparently delayed developer preview" dosen't exist, because a date has never been set.
    03-26-2014 03:15 AM
    "An apparently delayed developer preview" dosen't exist, because a date has never been set.
    if the date wasn't set, it can't be delayed either, so what is Daniel talking about.
    Gautam Kabiraj likes this.
    03-26-2014 03:18 AM
    if the date wasn't set, it can't be delayed either, so what is Daniel talking about.
    Yes, I think he had an hungover.
    03-26-2014 03:28 AM
    WPC Folks may know something but can't disclose maybe due to NDA. I think that's what he's been referring to.
    03-26-2014 03:33 AM
    So wpcentral posts news article for 'bug fixes' for apps, but for something as big as an apparently delayed developer preview, all we get is a tweet from Daniel. Something odd.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. None of the Microsoft reporters (Tom Warren, Paul Thurrott, Mary Jo Foley etc.) said so.
    03-26-2014 03:45 AM
    Ok, we all know that everything started with daniel. And the emotions overflowing in this thread is too much too ignore. I am officially starting a petition for the editor in chief to create an article and clarify this. Wp users unite! I had already set a date with cortana on april 2, she cant be late.
    03-26-2014 04:03 AM
    now thats a heart break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-26-2014 04:06 AM
    this week is going to be hell....... why the hell is march 31 days!!!!
    mpt15 and Abi_singh_1995 like this.
    03-26-2014 04:10 AM
    If Microsoft was a religion, it would definitely be their version of a test of faith. Not sure what to say, because now if I think about it - everyone just assumed Microsoft would out the WP 8.1 preview at BUILD. Since MS has been so busy officially denying the existence of Windows Phone 8.1, it seems even more unlikely that they would announce a developer preview.

Or maybe this is a head start on an April Fool's joke. Or maybe this is an experiment to see how far misinformation can spread without verification.
    03-26-2014 04:50 AM
    Exactly what I'm thinking. None of the Microsoft reporters (Tom Warren, Paul Thurrott, Mary Jo Foley etc.) said so.
    Though Warren ddo hint that 8.1 wont be fully featured at RTM. No hint at what would be left out
    03-26-2014 05:19 AM
    Though Warren ddo hint that 8.1 wont be fully featured at RTM. No hint at what would be left out
    Not being fully featured doesn't necessarily mean a delayed preview
    03-26-2014 05:31 AM
    WPC Folks may know something but can't disclose maybe due to NDA. I think that's what he's been referring to.
    that doesn't make sense. Then why partially say something that he knows what rile the community up and have grown men like some ppl here be on the verge of a temper tantrum
    03-26-2014 06:16 AM
    Ok, we all know that everything started with daniel. And the emotions overflowing in this thread is too much too ignore. I am officially starting a petition for the editor in chief to create an article and clarify this. Wp users unite! I had already set a date with cortana on april 2, she cant be late.
    What is the point in wasting time writing an article over an unconfirmed rumor? Everything that needs to be said has already been said in the tweet. He's not going to reveal his source and the reason for the delay should be obvious: it's not ready.

You want coverage on this huge story few care about? Here:

"BREAKING NEWS! An update that was never promised to us may be delayed. Microsoft fans begin to panic and overreact, more at 11..."
    03-26-2014 06:29 AM
    Well, we hoped that it would be released, but I would rather have a working WP8.1 than a WP8.1 with bugs. We'll just have to wait and see what they say on BUILD :)
    03-26-2014 06:37 AM
    Not being fully featured doesn't necessarily mean a delayed preview
    True. He didn't address what Daniel said. He just said he wonders what MS is actually going to show next week and hinted that the RTM wont have everything in it.
    Gautam Kabiraj likes this.
    03-26-2014 06:38 AM
    I don't know what but there's something fishy going on with Daniel. Why he's the only one to report this yet and that too in an unexpected tweet and not an article? And from his replies at the post, it looks like he's actually trying to hide the news source, himself trying to be the source. And for those who are saying its "NOT DELAYED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE" then why Daniel mentioned it "Delayed" as if it was actually remarked by MSFT. It must be admitted that it indeed is a big delay as it was expected last year. And now even bigger if it goes as said.
    Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(
    Zapella Tiago and jobinthomas like this.
    03-26-2014 06:50 AM
    MAYBE, will be released rtm version on 2nd :|
    03-26-2014 06:52 AM
    Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(
    I've said it before: this is precisely why I never try to persuade someone to buy into a certain platform. Any future problems that may arise become your fault! In this case you were even selling them based on a phantom update. I wouldn't even buy a phone for myself on that basis.

But 8.1 will be out someday. If you can survive until then, your friends will be kissing your feet after they get the update.
    03-26-2014 07:00 AM
    Bad news for Windows Phone fans expecting the next version of the operating system to land on their developer units next month, as Microsoft might have made some changes regarding the release of the preview build.

According to WPCentral’s Daniel Rubino, the Windows Phone Developer Program for Windows Phone 8.1 has been delayed and will not be released on April 2 at BUILD 2014 conference.

Microsoft is said to be a bit behind with correcting some of the bugs and small issues found in the current build, which is why it needs the extra time.

The Windows Phone 8.1 preview build will not be delayed by much though, which means that Microsoft might release it by the end of April. The major problem is the fact that it won’t make it to BUILD 2014 conference, as previously expected.

Regarding the SDK, things are a bit unclear for the moment. There is no info that this might have been delayed as well, so it might get released in early April at Microsoft’s BUILD 2014.

This doesn’t mean anything for end users who don’t own developer units, as the general release of Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled for later this summer. In fact these are the latest speculations coming from various analysts and insiders, but the official confirmation should come next week at BUILD 2014.

Speaking of which, it’s almost confirmed that Microsoft and Nokia will announce a new lineup of Lumia smartphones powered by Windows Phone 8.1.

Yesterday, the Finnish company teased the fact that it would bring more devices at BUILD 2014, so Nokia fans should be thrilled that they will be able to get new devices made by their favorite handset maker.

Unfortunately, there’s no telling when exactly the new Lumia smartphones will be available for purchase, but given the recent leak that suggests that Samsung ATIV SE, another Windows Phone 8.1 handset, will be released by Verizon on April 18, we expect Nokia to introduce its own devices around the same timeframe or perhaps earlier.

Before despairing, keep in mind that this information has yet to be confirmed by Microsoft, so take it with a grain of salt. If you were expecting Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview to be released in early April 2, then don’t get your hopes too high, but don’t fret.

Microsoft may have delayed Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview for the moment, but there’s still a week left until BUILD 2014 conference is set to kick off, so things might change by then.

SOURCE: SOFTPEDIA
    03-26-2014 07:05 AM
    Isn't Update 1 also being shown off at BUILD, but not coming out until April 9th? Maybe WP 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, I think Daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.
    03-26-2014 07:15 AM
    isn't update 1 also being shown off at build, but not coming out until april 9th? Maybe wp 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, i think daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.
    guy loves to f*ck around.... Anywayz the build is barely a week away so lets see wat it brings along.
    03-26-2014 07:22 AM
287 ... 45678 ...