03-30-2014 03:58 PM
287 ... 56789 ...
tools
    It was a joke. Not true man. You got everybody going...even me. lol.

They asked in the thread. Where is this coming from? That Rubino said, "me". And I can't really tell if that twitter is the real twitter Rubino.
    It is him. It is the Daniel Rubino we read daily.
    Gautam Kabiraj likes this.
    03-26-2014 07:22 AM
    Oh no, It‘s foooooollish
    03-26-2014 07:26 AM
    May be they want to release the new hardware what ever Nokia announces on 2nd prior to giving access to developer preview,i may be wrong but its my gut feeling because new hardware is specifically designed for Windows Phone 8.1 so, they want those devices to show off what WP8.1 is up to before any other device. Even I'll be disappointed for its delay but that's what it is going to happen, don't you?
    03-26-2014 07:31 AM
    May be they want to release the new hardware what ever Nokia announces on 2nd prior to giving access to developer preview,i may be wrong but its my gut feeling because new hardware is specifically designed for Windows Phone 8.1 so, they want those devices to show off what WP8.1 is up to before any other device. Even I'll be disappointed for its delay but that's what it is going to happen, don't you?
    It will be interesting to see if Windows Phone brings anything that requires new hardware. There's nothing I know of, was something announced?
    raxy21 likes this.
    03-26-2014 07:37 AM
    Not sure if this is the 1020 or the rumored 930
    https://www.facebook.com/nokia/photo...levant_count=1
    03-26-2014 07:42 AM
    It will be interesting to see if Windows Phone brings anything that requires new hardware. There's nothing I know of, was something announced?
    I guess hardware specific features were not included in leaked SDK image because present set of phones can't use use them,im pretty sure there will be some hardware specific features,if not why bother with getting new hardware because Lumia icon and 1520 are damn good phone, don't you think ?
    03-26-2014 07:53 AM
    I guess hardware specific features were not included in leaked SDK image because present set of phones can't use use them,im pretty sure there will be some hardware specific features,if not why bother with getting new hardware because Lumia icon and 1520 are damn good phone, don't you think ?
    Yes, they are faster, but there's nothing an older generation phone can't do in general.

To correct myself, with announced I meant of course leaked. But I don't expect any big surprises, but maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.
    03-26-2014 07:58 AM
    The actual Preview SDK lacked many many features, even API wise. Hardware specific features? This could be. Stylus support maybe? We'll see.
    Chregu and raxy21 like this.
    03-26-2014 08:00 AM
    Yes, they are faster, but there's nothing an older generation phone can't do in general.

To correct myself, with announced I meant of course leaked. But I don't expect any big surprises, but maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.
    Even i hope so but they should bring new hardware specific features because its new hardware that attracts someone to any ecosystem then the software and services which make them stick to it, lets us go back to Lumia 920 it is applauded by everyone because of great hardware, I think they will surprise us with some hardware specific features. Let's wait until Build.
    Chregu likes this.
    03-26-2014 08:05 AM

The actual Preview SDK lacked many many features, even API wise. Hardware specific features? This could be. Stylus support maybe? We'll see.
    Yeah stylus support would be great, if it is true i may a get a companion device to go along with my SP2, crazy time to be waiting for something.
    Chregu likes this.
    03-26-2014 08:08 AM
    APRIL FOOL crap.. and everyone's BUYING IT.
    03-26-2014 08:13 AM
    It will be out April 31st
    03-26-2014 08:27 AM
    It will be out April 31st
    Great! Let me mark it on my calendar... Hey!!! :)
    03-26-2014 08:32 AM
    Daniel Rubino ‏@Daniel_Rubino 1h
    btw, some bad news...Windows Phone Developer Program for 8.1 probably won't happen on the 2nd as it's been delayed

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/st...72808830820352

ohhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnn

That hurts.
    dafuk..!??????/
    Dat was the last thing we wanted..!!!
    We are just a week away from build.. and this bad news..!!
    IF this bad news came one month before then it would have been tolerable... But NOT NOW..!!! NOOO
    03-26-2014 08:33 AM
    APRIL FOOL crap.. and everyone's BUYING IT.
    I hope its indeed a "APRIL FOOL CRAP"..!!
    03-26-2014 08:35 AM
    Then what am I supposed to do with this big a$s counter on my Start Screen?
    03-26-2014 08:38 AM
    It counts to the L930 maybe? :D
    poiman likes this.
    03-26-2014 08:43 AM
    Mine doesn't count anymore. I am using my HTC One S until next week. Then, we'll see. Disappointed.

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk
    03-26-2014 08:46 AM
    Come on people, Lets spam the WPC website by sending tips about this tweet.......they have to confirm this news and not remain silent!
    Zapella Tiago likes this.
    03-26-2014 08:53 AM
    Lol this thread... You guys need to STAHP. Think about this for a minute...

Context clue 1) MS never stated they were going to release the preview..

Context clue 2) This is Daniel. I have been around WPC for a long time now..it can be safely said that Dan is a fairly serious guy when it comes down to this stuff.

Context clue 3)- and yet the most important...this is MS guys. With the Windows Mobile fiasco (not getting an upgrade from 6.5 - 7) and Windows Phone 7 fiasco (no upgrade 7-8) .... I've learned to stop being disappointed at everything MS does.

I'm just riding the WP train, not knowing when it'll stop....if it ever does.

So guys...this is not something significant enough to complain about....does it suck? Yes.

Us "minority" enthusiasts won't get an update on the day its announced...so what.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    03-26-2014 09:04 AM
    I don't know what but there's something fishy going on with Daniel. Why he's the only one to report this yet and that too in an unexpected tweet and not an article? And from his replies at the post, it looks like he's actually trying to hide the news source, himself trying to be the source. And for those who are saying its "NOT DELAYED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE" then why Daniel mentioned it "Delayed" as if it was actually remarked by MSFT. It must be admitted that it indeed is a big delay as it was expected last year. And now even bigger if it goes as said.
    Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(
    I feel you man. Experiencing the exact same situation here.
    Gautam Kabiraj likes this.
    03-26-2014 09:07 AM
    Isn't Update 1 also being shown off at BUILD, but not coming out until April 9th? Maybe WP 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, I think Daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.
    If you look at Daniel in the podcasts he seems like a guy very much in control. He doesn't laugh or smile at moments you would expect him to -when others make a joke. I think he is very skilled at hiding his smile when joking, and he enjoys fooling people with great passion.

Also, he starts with "btw, some bad news...". Starting with btw sounds like coming up with a joke in my book. Or something that isn't really important. Sounds like utter teasing.

Adding to all that, Mr. Rubino is awfully quiet after this tweet articlewise.
    03-26-2014 09:12 AM
    If you look at Daniel in the podcasts he seems like a guy very much in control. He doesn't laugh or smile at moments you would expect him to -when others make a joke. I think he is very skilled at hiding his smile when joking, and he enjoys fooling people with great passion.
    I hope you're right :)
    03-26-2014 09:15 AM
    Ridiculous. This update should have been out 6 months ago. WP continues to fall further and further behind, while MS can't seem to get it's house in order. No wonder devs keep avoiding the platform like the plague.
    MS changed the policy to give in major updates within 18 months, so its actually on schedule.
    03-26-2014 09:38 AM
    This is a joke, right? I even have a counter on my lockscreen... (8 days left)

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk
    same here
    03-26-2014 10:30 AM
287 ... 56789 ...