WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
6 months ago?

MS was supposedly on a yearly update release schedule, but around February 2013, 8.1 was rumored to be delayed until 2014, a full year later. Rumor: Windows Phone Blue could be delayed to 2014 - Neowin

This year builds and images started leaking around late summer/early fall. Considering that MS cut out a lot of features when they shipped WP8 due to time constraints, and their glacial pace at keeping up with Android, iOS, and hell even BBOS, A company the size of MS should have devoted more resources, and shipped it out months ago to stay competitive.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I rely on new hardware (LUMIA 930) to have access to WP8.1 since I don't have a WP right now, so this one won't disappoint me so much. But I feel sorry for you guys.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The sadness in this thread.
MS never ceases to amaze me. I'll just fiddle with my Kit Kat enabled Note 3 while I wait for 8.1 to hit my Lumia. Ain't no rush in WP World!

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I rely on new hardware (LUMIA 930) to have access to WP8.1 since I don't have a WP right now, so this one won't disappoint me so much. But I feel sorry for you guys.

Probably dev preview will be released before you get a L930.

Will be announced, but to arrive in stores/retails, it takes even longer.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The sadness in this thread.
MS never ceases to amaze me. I'll just fiddle with my Kit Kat enabled Note 3 while I wait for 8.1 to hit my Lumia. Ain't no rush in WP World!

lol, funny you say that. Google is terrible with their releases, they push to ASOP pretty quickly, so the dev community spits out updates, but good luck waiting for official updates. I got tired of waiting for an update to be released for my phone... at least with MS we know the majority (if not all) of available devices will get 8.1.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This seriously sucks , time to go jump off the highest curb I can find.....so long cruel world!

Seriously though, this is very upsetting as I have been counting down the days as well.......guess I should get a hobby ;)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Daniel Rubino ‏@Daniel_Rubino 1h
btw, some bad news...Windows Phone Developer Program for 8.1 probably won't happen on the 2nd as it's been delayed

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/448472808830820352

ohhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnn :cry:

That hurts.

It was a joke. Not true man. You got everybody going...even me. lol.

They asked in the thread. Where is this coming from? That Rubino said, "me". And I can't really tell if that twitter is the real twitter Rubino.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
eduza3en

Sent from my 1520 using Tapatalk

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We haven't heard anything from the front page so wait for an article before we start moaning too much. We also know this delay, if confirmed, covers the preview not final release and even if it did it will only make for a more stable release. Let's not let frustration get the better of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion