WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
If they release it before the 10th, I can live with that, however after the 10th I will start to get withdrawal symptoms and by the 20th I will probably be dead from scratching my neck to shreds

lol, there are more important things in the world you can scratch your neck to shreds about! ;)
IT'S JUST AN UPDATE, GUYS. Just a bunch of data.. Nothing more. I'm sure we are able to await this.

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I can relate. People will now hate me

Funny thing is my dad switched to android because he didn't have a file manager so he could download videos and watch them later. I told him his phone would get the update on the 2nd. Now when I tell him he's gonna be all 'Typical Microsoft'. I'm just gonna act like I didn't know anything about it and he might not notice since he's on his new phone. *shrug*

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to believe that Microsoft can keep dropping the ball with the Windows Phone platform. Sad day if this is true.

lol, dropping the ball?

I like how people are freaking out like this really means anything in the big picture. A handful of people won't be able to early adopt, big deal. Apple and Google typically don't even same day release updates when they announce them.

deecoop0351

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Really don't care its a delay but Microsoft really can't afford to fall any farther back than they already are. 8.1 is bring features that we should have had last year. I'm not a big iPhone fan but that 64 bit chip and finger print scanner was a nice touch and is pushing the OS foward. What are we waiting for a notification center. Microsoft needs to bring it fast and hard that's how you get out of 3rd place. The way they going blackberry will be back in 3rd. Lol that was a joke.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
this update is so huge though!

Ok, that's true. It's the really first big update to WP8 since the start..

Nobody knows if it really doesn't come on the 2nd. So let's wait and see what happens. And even if not, I'm sure it comes some days later. (not weeks :D )

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got a new theory, it's delayed after 18th of April since that is when the Samsung ATIV SE comes out. They probably want to give it the premiere.

Why should they give Samsung the premiere?? I mean, it's Samsung...

Also, if the SE comes out this day, why shouldn't Microsoft just release 8.1 to everybody and just skip the preview thing?

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Isn't the Samsung ATIV SE a WP8.1 device? Wouldn't that mean WP8.1 would have to be RTM at April 18th?.....................

That's what I mean!
But it could also be the case that they just announce it on that day and release it later..

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
lol, dropping the ball?

I like how people are freaking out like this really means anything in the big picture. A handful of people won't be able to early adopt, big deal. Apple and Google typically don't even same day release updates when they announce them.
Dropping the ball because most of these features should have been included at launch, only to have them put off because they ran out of time. Then they say they'll be doing 1 Year updates and including the features they stripped out, only for them to completely miss that one year window and now they're pushing it off again. Seems like Microsoft's mobile department still doesn't have its act together and I'm not quite sure they'll ever compete with Google or Apple unless they start getting it together.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
lol, there are more important things in the world you can scratch your neck to shreds about! ;)
IT'S JUST AN UPDATE, GUYS. Just a bunch of data.. Nothing more. I'm sure we are able to await this.

Oh good, this guy is here.

"guys, that thing you're all passionate about means nothing, stop caring about things. Cancer exists so you're wrong in feeling anything"

Take your phony nonsense and go post somewhere else. There is a long history of Microsoft being way behind with this platform, and as a company in general. They're always a day late and a dollar short. I like this platform, but it takes them forever to do nothing.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh good, this guy is here.

Oh, hello! :)

"guys, that thing you're all passionate about means nothing, stop caring about things. Cancer exists so you're wrong in feeling anything"

Take your phony nonsense and go post somewhere else. There is a long history of Microsoft being way behind with this platform, and as a company in general. They're always a day late and a dollar short. I like this platform, but it takes them forever to do nothing.

That's not what I said. I'm also very passionate about MS. I also care about the platform. But it does NOT matter if a developer preview comes out some days later than expected. However, it DOES matter when the final version will get released to the public.
I said, let's not overdo it. I did not say don't care about it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I still say we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I mean first of all if it was official Daniel would of made an article about it. Second if he stated that he is the source to protect the persons identity it shows me that it hasn't been proven because he could be looking for more confirmation to back what the source told Daniel. So for me I'll wait till either Daniel makes an article or wait till April 2nd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss