WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
WPC Folks may know something but can't disclose maybe due to NDA. I think that's what he's been referring to.
that doesn't make sense. Then why partially say something that he knows what rile the community up and have grown men like some ppl here be on the verge of a temper tantrum

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, we all know that everything started with daniel. And the emotions overflowing in this thread is too much too ignore. I am officially starting a petition for the editor in chief to create an article and clarify this. Wp users unite! I had already set a date with cortana on april 2, she cant be late.

What is the point in wasting time writing an article over an unconfirmed rumor? Everything that needs to be said has already been said in the tweet. He's not going to reveal his source and the reason for the delay should be obvious: it's not ready.

You want coverage on this huge story few care about? Here:

"BREAKING NEWS! An update that was never promised to us may be delayed. Microsoft fans begin to panic and overreact, more at 11..."

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, we hoped that it would be released, but I would rather have a working WP8.1 than a WP8.1 with bugs. We'll just have to wait and see what they say on BUILD :)

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what but there's something fishy going on with Daniel. Why he's the only one to report this yet and that too in an unexpected tweet and not an article? And from his replies at the post, it looks like he's actually trying to hide the news source, himself trying to be the source. And for those who are saying its "NOT DELAYED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE" then why Daniel mentioned it "Delayed" as if it was actually remarked by MSFT. It must be admitted that it indeed is a big delay as it was expected last year. And now even bigger if it goes as said.
Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(

I've said it before: this is precisely why I never try to persuade someone to buy into a certain platform. Any future problems that may arise become your fault! In this case you were even selling them based on a phantom update. I wouldn't even buy a phone for myself on that basis.

But 8.1 will be out someday. If you can survive until then, your friends will be kissing your feet after they get the update.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Bad news for Windows Phone fans expecting the next version of the operating system to land on their developer units next month, as Microsoft might have made some changes regarding the release of the preview build.

According to WPCentral’s Daniel Rubino, the Windows Phone Developer Program for Windows Phone 8.1 has been delayed and will not be released on April 2 at BUILD 2014 conference.

Microsoft is said to be a bit behind with correcting some of the bugs and small issues found in the current build, which is why it needs the extra time.

The Windows Phone 8.1 preview build will not be delayed by much though, which means that Microsoft might release it by the end of April. The major problem is the fact that it won’t make it to BUILD 2014 conference, as previously expected.

Regarding the SDK, things are a bit unclear for the moment. There is no info that this might have been delayed as well, so it might get released in early April at Microsoft’s BUILD 2014.

This doesn’t mean anything for end users who don’t own developer units, as the general release of Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled for later this summer. In fact these are the latest speculations coming from various analysts and insiders, but the official confirmation should come next week at BUILD 2014.

Speaking of which, it’s almost confirmed that Microsoft and Nokia will announce a new lineup of Lumia smartphones powered by Windows Phone 8.1.

Yesterday, the Finnish company teased the fact that it would bring more devices at BUILD 2014, so Nokia fans should be thrilled that they will be able to get new devices made by their favorite handset maker.

Unfortunately, there’s no telling when exactly the new Lumia smartphones will be available for purchase, but given the recent leak that suggests that Samsung ATIV SE, another Windows Phone 8.1 handset, will be released by Verizon on April 18, we expect Nokia to introduce its own devices around the same timeframe or perhaps earlier.

Before despairing, keep in mind that this information has yet to be confirmed by Microsoft, so take it with a grain of salt. If you were expecting Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview to be released in early April 2, then don’t get your hopes too high, but don’t fret.

Microsoft may have delayed Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview for the moment, but there’s still a week left until BUILD 2014 conference is set to kick off, so things might change by then.

SOURCE: SOFTPEDIA

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Isn't Update 1 also being shown off at BUILD, but not coming out until April 9th? Maybe WP 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, I think Daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
isn't update 1 also being shown off at build, but not coming out until april 9th? Maybe wp 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, i think daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.

guy loves to f*ck around.... Anywayz the build is barely a week away so lets see wat it brings along.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It was a joke. Not true man. You got everybody going...even me. lol.

They asked in the thread. Where is this coming from? That Rubino said, "me". And I can't really tell if that twitter is the real twitter Rubino.

It is him. It is the Daniel Rubino we read daily.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
May be they want to release the new hardware what ever Nokia announces on 2nd prior to giving access to developer preview,i may be wrong but its my gut feeling because new hardware is specifically designed for Windows Phone 8.1 so, they want those devices to show off what WP8.1 is up to before any other device. Even I'll be disappointed for its delay but that's what it is going to happen, don't you?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
May be they want to release the new hardware what ever Nokia announces on 2nd prior to giving access to developer preview,i may be wrong but its my gut feeling because new hardware is specifically designed for Windows Phone 8.1 so, they want those devices to show off what WP8.1 is up to before any other device. Even I'll be disappointed for its delay but that's what it is going to happen, don't you?

It will be interesting to see if Windows Phone brings anything that requires new hardware. There's nothing I know of, was something announced?

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if Windows Phone brings anything that requires new hardware. There's nothing I know of, was something announced?

I guess hardware specific features were not included in leaked SDK image because present set of phones can't use use them,im pretty sure there will be some hardware specific features,if not why bother with getting new hardware because Lumia icon and 1520 are damn good phone, don't you think ?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess hardware specific features were not included in leaked SDK image because present set of phones can't use use them,im pretty sure there will be some hardware specific features,if not why bother with getting new hardware because Lumia icon and 1520 are damn good phone, don't you think ?

Yes, they are faster, but there's nothing an older generation phone can't do in general.

To correct myself, with announced I meant of course leaked. But I don't expect any big surprises, but maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

Forc3

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

The actual Preview SDK lacked many many features, even API wise. Hardware specific features? This could be. Stylus support maybe? We'll see.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they are faster, but there's nothing an older generation phone can't do in general.

To correct myself, with announced I meant of course leaked. But I don't expect any big surprises, but maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

Even i hope so but they should bring new hardware specific features because its new hardware that attracts someone to any ecosystem then the software and services which make them stick to it, lets us go back to Lumia 920 it is applauded by everyone because of great hardware, I think they will surprise us with some hardware specific features. Let's wait until Build.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

The actual Preview SDK lacked many many features, even API wise. Hardware specific features? This could be. Stylus support maybe? We'll see.

Yeah stylus support would be great, if it is true i may a get a companion device to go along with my SP2, crazy time to be waiting for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz