WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino ‏@Daniel_Rubino 1h
btw, some bad news...Windows Phone Developer Program for 8.1 probably won't happen on the 2nd as it's been delayed

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/448472808830820352

ohhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnn :cry:

That hurts.

dafuk..!??????/
Dat was the last thing we wanted..!!!
We are just a week away from build.. and this bad news..!!
IF this bad news came one month before then it would have been tolerable... But NOT NOW..!!! NOOO

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Lol this thread... You guys need to STAHP. Think about this for a minute...

Context clue 1) MS never stated they were going to release the preview..

Context clue 2) This is Daniel. I have been around WPC for a long time now..it can be safely said that Dan is a fairly serious guy when it comes down to this stuff.

Context clue 3)- and yet the most important...this is MS guys. With the Windows Mobile fiasco (not getting an upgrade from 6.5 - 7) and Windows Phone 7 fiasco (no upgrade 7-8) .... I've learned to stop being disappointed at everything MS does.

I'm just riding the WP train, not knowing when it'll stop....if it ever does.

So guys...this is not something significant enough to complain about....does it suck? Yes.

Us "minority" enthusiasts won't get an update on the day its announced...so what.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what but there's something fishy going on with Daniel. Why he's the only one to report this yet and that too in an unexpected tweet and not an article? And from his replies at the post, it looks like he's actually trying to hide the news source, himself trying to be the source. And for those who are saying its "NOT DELAYED BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE" then why Daniel mentioned it "Delayed" as if it was actually remarked by MSFT. It must be admitted that it indeed is a big delay as it was expected last year. And now even bigger if it goes as said.
Above all, I'm really sad because I'd made many of my friends buy Lumia devices and whenever they complained me about features, I reassured each of them by telling them to wait til 2nd April when WP8.1 Developer Preview would be out. I have no idea how I'll survive till the update... :(

I feel you man. Experiencing the exact same situation here.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Isn't Update 1 also being shown off at BUILD, but not coming out until April 9th? Maybe WP 8.1 will be the same way.

To be honest, I think Daniel is f**king with us. He admits that he likes to so that.

If you look at Daniel in the podcasts he seems like a guy very much in control. He doesn't laugh or smile at moments you would expect him to -when others make a joke. I think he is very skilled at hiding his smile when joking, and he enjoys fooling people with great passion.

Also, he starts with "btw, some bad news...". Starting with btw sounds like coming up with a joke in my book. Or something that isn't really important. Sounds like utter teasing.

Adding to all that, Mr. Rubino is awfully quiet after this tweet articlewise.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
If you look at Daniel in the podcasts he seems like a guy very much in control. He doesn't laugh or smile at moments you would expect him to -when others make a joke. I think he is very skilled at hiding his smile when joking, and he enjoys fooling people with great passion.

I hope you're right :)

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ridiculous. This update should have been out 6 months ago. WP continues to fall further and further behind, while MS can't seem to get it's house in order. No wonder devs keep avoiding the platform like the plague.

MS changed the policy to give in major updates within 18 months, so its actually on schedule.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I also got confused looking at it. It looks different and the silver tint is so strong. If this is the 930 that huge bezel is a big disappointment.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is just to keep the forum alive and interesting.... Daniel also focuses on page hits and other ad,revenue stuff .... Hence no article ....moreover why post on twitter when you own the site itself....

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it.
Too much interogations :
1. Why not to put it as an article in WPCentral
2. No sources
3. MS would rather release an incomplete (and not instable) developer preview of wp8.1 than none
4. Too much expectation for MS to not release it
5. Nobody said that except Daniel. I haven't seen any article in any website that pointed out that information without quoting Daniel.
6. As someone said (too lazy to go up and find who), this is the best moment for WpCentral to make revenue based on ads, number of posts, number of visit to the forum...

So it might be a joke, a strategy, a just an intuition. But I don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium