WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Good grief, what an embarrassing number of posts from people who are absolutely crushed that this update that was never officially announced may not be available on the exact day that it was rumored to.

This is exactly why Microsoft gives so little information on release dates... because of all the people like in this thread who can't come to grips with expecting something and then not being able to get it exactly when they thought they would.

Not only that, but there is also speculation that WPCentral is withholding news to increase ad hits? Did it ever occur to you guys that WPCentral is trying to verify the information and get a better idea of what the delay might mean, what it was caused by, and how long it might last?

Can we please calm down? Look, I think MS has been too slow as much as the next guy, but this is a HUGE update and anyone who thought it was 100% assured that it would launch and be available the day they announced it was being completely naive and has only themselves to blame. The flak MS will catch if they do release (even as beta) and it bricks peoples phones or causes call issues would be tremendous.

MS actually has no excuse you know. This update was due last year so WP users have actually been really patient. I'm not among those throwing fits, but I understand where they are coming from and why they are so angry

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to laugh when I saw that someone had stated above that Daniel is just guessing. You'd think that regular readers would know well enough that Daniel isn't going to say something like that unless he has a solid source. And the people who want to know the source should know that as a journalist who is getting leaked information, as soon as he gives up a source, he will never have another source again. Come on, people. Think. Dan doesn't just get this stuff from fortune cookies, tea leaves, crystal balls, or tarot cards. He's a legit journalist with a reputation for reliable information.

Like when one dude released a fake video of WP8.1 and Dan said it was fake, a lot of people here kept screaming "Dan's lying. He's trying to deceive us". Lol! People just believe what they choose to believe.

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
make a poll, ask the users and you will see that I am not what I am saying this, most who asked not want skin in the background tiles. Where these images were released most of the comments are that users actually wanted real background, and most misinformed still believe that this is build.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
make a poll, ask the users and you will see that I am not what I am saying this, most who asked not want skin in the background tiles. Where these images were released most of the comments are that users actually wanted real background, and most misinformed still believe that this is build.

They should give us a choice. That's the point. Why can't we choose between "images/pictures background or skin background or just a color" ?
Everybody happy.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't need to make a poll. On The Verge, when this was leaked, the amount of likes pro skinned tiles surpassed that for those against it by a wide wide margin. You can't please everyone

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with a 1020 that is so upset they can no longer keep their phone pm me, of course i can't pay top dollar for a device that has a delayed update.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't need to make a poll. On The Verge, when this was leaked, the amount of likes pro skinned tiles surpassed that for those against it by a wide wide margin. You can't please everyone

And then there is the even bigger portion of the population who neither know or care about skinned anything and who will either buy or not buy the OS based on other features. I know several people who own 1520s. None of them other than me even know about the future skinning option and even if they were told they would never use it. I understand some people wanting it and liking it but people need to chill on flipping out about it.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about the skinning feature... Does the picture stay in place while the tiles move, or does it move with the tiles and repeat?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Pictures of Lumia 630 leaked with WP8.1 on. Soooooo if it didn't get RTMed yet, some of this info must be wrong. What do you think guys?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Like if you have so little faith in the credibility of the staff here, why are you here?

Like when one dude released a fake video of WP8.1 and Dan said it was fake, a lot of people here kept screaming "Dan's lying. He's trying to deceive us". Lol! People just believe what they choose to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs