WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
the latest news comming in is that WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 CORE HAS finished today and will be sent over to consumer experience team . which will test it further for any more bugs. with all these happening u could expect the update available to general public by june or july. developers will get an early access by 1st week of april.

now these are just the words OF DANIEL RUBINO . LETS SEE WATS MICROSOFT HAS TO SAY @BUILD!

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It seems also that Cortana will not be released for non-US countries by now. How do I know? No updates for Bing outside the US. And because Cortana will heavily us Bing services, this points to an US release only.
They should kick out the Bing staff and use Google APIs for Cortana, they work worldwide at least..... (just kidding....or not....)

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Dude, update blue has nothing to do with Cortana, this is the Nokia firmware and not the OS update, isn't it?

Windows Phone 8.1 is an OS update from MSFT and Nokia Blue, that is Nokia's next firmware update after Lumia Black; expected to be announced at build conference 2014. And yes, Cortana has nothing to do with Nokia Blue. I'm setting my hopes high for Cortana to be available worldwide.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If all it takes for you to pop some wood is to see 15 % skin of some hot babe, who's not even nude, hiding behind a bunch of tiles...I suggest you get laid the real way fast before you end up in jail for something far worse.

I don't think I could have made it even more sarcastic than I did. I'll try harder next time. :p

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
the latest news comming in is that WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 CORE HAS finished today and will be sent over to consumer experience team . which will test it further for any more bugs. with all these happening u could expect the update available to general public by june or july. developers will get an early access by 1st week of april.

now these are just the words OF DANIEL RUBINO . LETS SEE WATS MICROSOFT HAS TO SAY @BUILD!

This just confirms, You WONT get a preview build during \\build... Boo !

As for the consumer experience team, this could take a week or 2, OR could take 1-2 months, depending on the bugs they find. If it was built almost bug free (and that pretty much never happens on a program with the scale of this), it could be sooner..

Let's just hope it goes smooth and they find everything. I would HATE a rush job and we get bombed with bugs....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Many people from this forum are not American, so may not realize what journalistic integrity is here. Myself, I don't know what it is like in other parts of the world. For those who don't know what it's like here, when a journalist says something but won't reveal a source, it doesn't mean he's making it up. It means that he is protecting his source. Daniel gets many leaks. If he were to reveal just one, his pool of leaks would rapidly dry up. He isn't going to reveal his source no matter what people think. But at the same time, he also isn't going to make up things like this. He is a journalist, and has a reputation of reliable information to uphold. If he were to start throwing out stuff like this that he made up, soon enough WPCentral would have a grand total of seven readers.

While you may want a source, Daniel isn't a fool. He's not going to make this stuff up, and he's not going to give up his source. In America, there have been journalists who have gone to jail rather than give up a source. It's that serious.

Last edited:

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I wonder, will Windows 8.1 update 1 will still be released on schedule? The two (8.1u1 and WP 8.1 preview) were originally rumored to happen on the same day and there was going to be a unified Windows store. Is any or all of that affected by this delay?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This just confirms, You WONT get a preview build during \\build... Boo !

As for the consumer experience team, this could take a week or 2, OR could take 1-2 months, depending on the bugs they find. If it was built almost bug free (and that pretty much never happens on a program with the scale of this), it could be sooner..

Let's just hope it goes smooth and they find everything. I would HATE a rush job and we get bombed with bugs....
they should open the consumer experience team to the consumers via enthusiast program!!! ;)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
For a background, i would like to see the option to change collors.
Not like now just black and white
Maybe automated with intervals.
I use the same on my desktop.
The same wallpaper, only the collors are changing.

A picture as background sounds nice, but in fact its useless with all the tiles.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Many people from this forum are not American, so may not realize what journalistic integrity is here. Myself, I don't know what it is like in other parts of the world. For those who don't know what it's like here, when a journalist says something but won't reveal a source, it doesn't mean he's making it up. It means that he is protecting his source. Daniel gets many leaks. If he were to reveal just one, his pool of leaks would rapidly dry up. He isn't going to reveal his source no matter what people think. But at the same time, he also isn't going to make up things like this. He is a journalist, and has a reputation of reliable information to uphold. If he were to start throwing out stuff like this that he made up, soon enough WPCentral would have a grand total of seven readers.

While you may want a source, Daniel isn't a fool. He's not going to make this stuff up, and he's not going to give up his source. In America, there have been journalists who have gone to jail rather than give up a source. It's that serious.

How condescending. Most DO know what journalistic integrity is. America ix not exceptional get over yourself.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
How condescending. Most DO know what journalistic integrity is. America ix not exceptional get over yourself.

It might sound condescending, but the way some people are going on about it, this is a necessary reminder. This is Mr Rubino we're talking about, and while he might joke around once in a while, it doesn't means he doing so now just because he isn't giving up his source.

Maybe people should take a step back and realise a developer preview was never promised on April 2.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Actually, America is quite exceptional.
Without America, there would have been no Al Gore, and therefore NO Internet for your snarky comments.
Get over yourself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte