WP8.1 Preview Program Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, America is quite exceptional.
Without America, there would have been no Al Gore, and therefore NO Internet for your snarky comments.
Get over yourself.....

The U.S. was exceptional... once. The political, economical and scientific culture which once formed the foundation of what made the U.S. exceptional has either deteriorated (the first two) or stagnated (scientific relevance), allowing other nations to catch up. These days Brazil files more technologically relevant patents than the U.S. does

That Al Gore had anything to do with the internet has long been debunked. The Internet is an offspring of U.S. cold war telecommunications technology (a network designed to be resilient in the face of nuclear attack), but that has existed since the 60's. What most people associate with the internet is more correctly refered to as the world wide web. That was created by a British scientist working at the Cern research facility in Switzerland.

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
allowing other nations to catch up..

Where do you all come from?
I understand that you are american, but there's no need for spamning a Windows phone 8.1 update thread with such bull****s. I don't know how can you post some badass stuff like that. America is such a God, or what?
******* unbelievable =)))

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
How condescending. Most DO know what journalistic integrity is. America ix not exceptional get over yourself.

Hopmedic stated that he didn't know anything about journalistic practices and ethics outside the U.S. That may be uninformed, but it certainly isn't condescending!

Having lived in over half a dozen countries myself, including the U.S., I'd say all western populations are pretty much identical when it comes to their expectations of journalism. Free speech, a journalists right to keep their sources confidential, and a common set of the 'journalist's code of ethics' are shared by all. In practice, journalistic integrity is a very mixed bag everywhere. Overall, the U.S. media landscape is no better than anywhere else. Sometimes it is worse. Often it is more diverse and more confusing. It is definitely more polarizing and ideologically driven than elsewhere in the west, but sometimes it is better too.

but there's no need for spamning a Windows phone 8.1 update thread with such bull****s

Not sure if all or just some of your remarks are sarcasm. WPC has a very international following. That is why I think debunking too much unjustified "we are #1" rhetoric, no matter for which nationality, is worthwhile. Understanding that the world outside the U.S. isn't an uncivilized mess (often the opposite is true) isn't a bad thing either.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sinds when talk we about nations.
Coutries are as big as there wallet.
Only have to Google at National Debts, and we all see who big some nations are.
Til the cash flow stops.

But i thought we on Wpcentrall where better then that.

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
a5cent said:
The U.S. was exceptional... once. The political, economical and scientific culture which once formed the foundation of what made the U.S. exceptional has either deteriorated (the first two) or stagnated (scientific relevance), allowing other nations to catch up.
And now you're telling me that you were talking about jurnalism?
You are a dumb, aren't you?
xankazo said:
've a little feeling this thread has gone way off-topic.
Logic that this thread has gone off-topic, these dunbasses are talking about how great is their country into a topic about the 8.1 developer preview.
And he tells me that I am not civilizate, but he hasn't any ideas of what is talknig about.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How condescending. Most DO know what journalistic integrity is. America ix not exceptional get over yourself.

It's not condescending at all. I know nothing about journalism in the rest of the world, and I shouldn't assume that others know anything about it here. So I haven't. Reading the posts here, it seems quite obvious that there are many who fall into the category of knowing very little about journalists, at least here in America.

Additionally, I didn't say a word about America being exceptional, even though I know it to be true. It seems to me that I'm not the one who needs to get over himself.

Last edited:

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
make a poll, ask the users and you will see that I am not what I am saying this, most who asked not want skin in the background tiles. Where these images were released most of the comments are that users actually wanted real background, and most misinformed still believe that this is build.

WPCentral made the poll. Those for are almost 10 times those against.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've said it before: this is precisely why I never try to persuade someone to buy into a certain platform. Any future problems that may arise become your fault! In this case you were even selling them based on a phantom update. I wouldn't even buy a phone for myself on that basis.

But 8.1 will be out someday. If you can survive until then, your friends will be kissing your feet after they get the update.

I agree with you on this. But they are my most close friends, they won't talk harsh or behave bad but it still feels guilty because I couldn't stand on my own words. Now its confirmed, we'll get the update in late April officially.

Windows Phone 8.1 is already in manufacturers’ hands, new devices due late April | Windows Phone Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb