Zune Software 4.8 for wp8.1

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
As you are running the unofficial version Windows 8.1 Update 1 (I hope it will have an other name cos' it's long to type down), this is highly possible!
One of the surprise reserved for the Build could be that as they will present both WP8.1 and W8.1U1.
I hope it's true, we all miss a iTunes like software to manage our collections in our WP8 right?
i quite don't understand what u want to say.
anyway, i am not using any unofficial version of update 1. in fact, i am not using it at all. i am using win 8.1 only.
secondly, i assume u r saying that zune will come with wp8 support. but then i am already running the same version said above and it definitely does not support wp8.
i really would love an app like iTunes to manage my phone. our phone manager is just a data handler and cannot manages neither settings nor apps.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
As you are running the unofficial version Windows 8.1 Update 1 (I hope it will have an other name cos' it's long to type down), this is highly possible!
One of the surprise reserved for the Build could be that as they will present both WP8.1 and W8.1U1.
I hope it's true, we all miss a iTunes like software to manage our collections in our WP8 right?
I am not running an unofficial Windows 8.1 update 1 on my desktop.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I am not running an unofficial Windows 8.1 update 1 on my desktop.
Ok, so I am wrong. I said that because CageAta said in the first post he was running windows 8.1 update 1, which hasn't been released yet. I assumed you were using that OS too... My bad.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
still have my zune ! Thanks for the heads up

Same here. Still have the Zune software installed too, still sync my podcasts to my Zune HD every evening. Little guy just keeps on tickin'. :)
Unfortunately I can't say the same for my old Black 80gb. Can't even get it to power up anymore. :/

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had this update on my then Acer S3 long ago, i.e., early 8.1 and way before Update 1. I had Zune on this computer before but I removed it already.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would love Zune back but, Zune is dead, it's called Xbox Music now.

I really liked the Zune interface to sync music, pictures, videos and other content (the Windows Phone 8 app is a piece of junk compared). then you could buy apps right in Zune. It was better than itunes (my wife has a iPhoney) from what I saw. Just wish MS would bring back ZUne and WIndows Media Center....2 of their best products that got trashed.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

I really liked the Zune interface to sync music, pictures, videos and other content (the Windows Phone 8 app is a piece of junk compared). then you could buy apps right in Zune. It was better than itunes (my wife has a iPhoney) from what I saw. Just wish MS would bring back ZUne and WIndows Media Center....2 of their best products that got trashed.

But Windows Media Center is still around , isn't it? You just have to pay for it or some such, right?

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Zune should be brought back. Was my biggest disappointment when I got my 920. Had all my music organized and ready for syncing. Used it all the time with my HD7. And I'm also gonna miss the possibility to heart a track. Went through my whole library hearting/broken hearting Every track I had.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

ZUNE and Media Center are not dead! Both are available for download, function, and are still great and wonderful PC desktop software. People are still using both.

Research "Ceton". They manufacture great devices that function specifically with Media Center, that they continue to develop and sell. The Ceton cards and boxes replace your cable boxes /DVR Recorders and cable box fees. If you add an Xbox360 or two or three ... as Media Extenders, you can set up an amazing whole house Media Center! Using Windows Media Center you can access cable TV, recorded TV, pictures, music, movies, etc distributed throughout your home.

The ZUNE PC desktop software is still alive and functioning. It is not dead. The software is connected to the rebranded XBox Music and Video Services. I recently purchased two movies on my XBox360 and then both appeared in my Zune video collection on my PC. I tested them and they are available for streaming or download. I'm not sure if this is new functionality or just one of the great features that ZUNE PC software has always had.

Yes, it appears that Microsoft (and the unknowing masses) are not giving ZUNE PC software, nor Media Center much attention, but these two incredible software are not dead.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb