06-28-2015 10:26 AM
56 123
tools
    I wish they would bring it back. Letting Zune die and not having WP8 support was one of Microsoft's worst decisions. I don't know why they wouldn't bring some form of it back since so many people liked it.
    Zune used a non-standard file transfer mechanism for devices. Using it would have required some major retooling for WP8. Since Zune is essentially no more it makes sense to just move forward with tools specifically designed for WP8 that can also grow and improve with the platform. :)
    04-02-2014 10:24 AM
    Zune used a non-standard file transfer mechanism for devices. Using it would have required some major retooling for WP8. Since Zune is essentially no more it makes sense to just move forward with tools specifically designed for WP8 that can also grow and improve with the platform. :)
    Maybe it would make more sense to make standard Zune transfert then update Zune to W8 instead of just drop this softare ?
    04-02-2014 10:38 AM
    Maybe it would make more sense to make standard Zune transfert then update Zune to W8 instead of just drop this softare ?
    Because Zune no longer exists. The software is still available because it's necessary for them to provide it for Windows Phone 7 users as long as they are still within the support cycle.

Updating it would require re-establishing a team to do so. There are just a lot of reasons why it doesn't make sense to go backwards when they already have a solution that they are continuing to improve.
    04-02-2014 11:28 AM
    Zune does exist.

The world is full of great, useful software that is not under current development. There is even horrible software that currently exists and is available for download and use, that is not under current development. Certainly, someday, all software becomes nonfunctional for a variety of reasons. This is not the case with Zune, today.

I would urge anyone looking for a great PC desktop player for podcasts, your music and video collection, your Xbox music AND as I said above, your Xbox Video, pictures, and more, to take a look and honestly try this great software. It is connected to XBox MUSIC /VIDEO.

Different than the great Media Center software ($10), ZUNE is free.

Certainly, nothing ever lasts forever, but please don't declare me dead, while I'm still up and about, doing great work. If you get the analogy.

Really, I think the features, not the name, not the old team, not the old people, the great features, could be implemented somehow.

Best Wishes.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 04-02-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    04-02-2014 01:05 PM
    I was referring to internally at Microsoft. The Zune group was long ago disbanded and have either moved on to other projects or have just moved on from MS entirely.
    04-02-2014 04:00 PM
    Zune does exist.

The world is full of great, useful software that is not under current development. There is even horrible software that currently exists and is available for download and use, that is not under current development. Certainly, someday, all software becomes nonfunctional for a variety of reasons. This is not the case with Zune, today.

I would urge anyone looking for a great PC desktop player for podcasts, your music and video collection, your Xbox music AND as I said above, your Xbox Video, pictures, and more, to take a look and honestly try this great software. It is connected to XBox MUSIC /VIDEO.

Different than the great Media Center software ($10), ZUNE is free.

Certainly, nothing ever lasts forever, but please don't declare me dead, while I'm still up and about, doing great work. If you get the analogy.

Really, I think the features, not the name, not the old team, not the old people, the great features, could be implemented somehow.

Best Wishes.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion, can't agree with you more!

I was searching for the podcast player program I've been using some time ago, had to go through some recommendations lists and noticed a Zune screenshot, which looked like a clean & professional Metro application (I do love the design language). I'm now downloading Zune Software from the official download link which is, thankfully, still online, hoping to use it as a music&podcast player.

Here it is if anyone's interested (sorry not allowed to post proper links):

www(.)microsoft(.)com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27163, that one will take you to download(.)microsoft(.)com/download/0/2/0/02013E44-FC92-477F-90F5-A50351480497/ZunePackage.exe (the direct link).
    06-28-2015 10:26 AM
56 123