Zune Software 4.8 for wp8.1

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey i just installed an optional update on my laptop running Windows 8.1 Update 1. The update was called Zune 4.8... hmmmm does that mean they are possibly implementing zune back into windows phone ???

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I still can't see the update, maybe it is because of the time zone difference. Anyway will check again later but please check again for Zune software on your PC

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
humor for you, xbox music on the backend is called zune, I was dealing with some errors on a win8 box and the event log actually called it zune if you get bored check it out.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
ZUNE! The original modern PC desktop software was and still is, amazing (even after Microsoft has removed a number of features).

Last edited:

Studio384

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice if Windows Phone 8.1 is dropping that horrible add in favor of Zune! Zune was awesome, still don't get why they where going with that crap after WP7 had such awesome sync stuff right there! I hope for a return of this piece of software, it doesn't have to be called Zune for me, if it's called Xbox Entertainment 5.0 (I think they won't go with the 4.8 version much longer if they are realy bringing it back), it's fine for me!

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I still can't see the update, maybe it is because of the time zone difference. Anyway will check again later but please check again for Zune software on your PC

I have never used Zune before, never needed too. It also never came default with my laptop when I brought it. I did the update and found Zune on my desktop BUT when I plug in my lumia it doesnt come up with a device. Even if the pc recognises it. Im using a 925 but I dont think that has anything to do with it?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Can any of the posters that got the update verify the version number?

I have Zune installed on my PC since way back and the About Zune page is showing the following information:

2011 Microsoft Corportation
Version: 4.8.2345.0

​I'm not seeing the update.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Same version as the one you have. Have no idea why they are introducing the software now as an update, like i said, I have never installed Zune at any point in time. Capture.JPG

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
As you are running the unofficial version Windows 8.1 Update 1 (I hope it will have an other name cos' it's long to type down), this is highly possible!
One of the surprise reserved for the Build could be that as they will present both WP8.1 and W8.1U1.
I hope it's true, we all miss a iTunes like software to manage our collections in our WP8 right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion