About WP 8.1 developer preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say it wasn't safe but there were many on here that has issues with the GDR3 preview. Then again, people had issues with the official release.

I'm just trying to point out that the preview may or may not be an issue on your phone. It won't have any Nokia extras and the firmware won't be right for it. So it is a 'use at your own risk'.

It would be the software. The preview is the final release that you get through the official update.

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
it is not, I lose my warranty, I can't get help if my software fscked up, there is no firmware, so could cause problems, maybe not all apps will work?, ...
It is just not as save as using the official version. Say what you want. But I need phone for work so I can't play around all the time...
I have never had any problems.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
After unlocking my ph with the developer program my ph is still in warranty as per Nokia's site... What's that? Is my ph is still in warranty or the Nokia's site is showing me the wrong information???

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to start a new topic about this so Ill just ask here.

Whats the difference between this preview and the official version for all? Whats the downside of downloading the preview?

Will I be able to download the official one if I have preview (if there will be any changes?)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont want to start a new topic about this so Ill just ask here.

Whats the difference between this preview and the official version for all? Whats the downside of downloading the preview?

Will I be able to download the official one if I have preview (if there will be any changes?)
There is no downside, you will get the latest updates. However your warranty us void. You will still be able to download the 'official' version when it comes out. The official version is basically firmware.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Read the post that I linked above. The Preview does not void your warranty. Explanation is in that post.
Thank you for posting that. I've had to post to so many people that the wording is MAY not WILL. I can't figure out why people feel the need to post information they haven't researched properly.

To be honest though it's becoming more and more common. With the rise of social media and quick fix journalism and such I've noticed even the smartest amongst my friends giving out bad info because people seem to no longer pay proper attention to detail.

If I were more OCD about things I'd track it more carefully, but it has become a disturbingly noticeable trend...

Once again though thank you for coming in and providing good information. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs