Update or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My advice to you is to wait. Dev preview could then be out, and you could keep your data. Less risk, plus, you avoid some of the bugs that remain, that are now being fixed. One question though, why would you potentially lose the data? How does your friend's way of pushing it to you differ from the way I would receive it by normal means? Surely they don't write the program to add a new update in the week after it leaves the core team? Surely that part would already be in place?

So, I actually wouldn't get the 8.1 that will be RTMed. It is the Microsoft development version, and has features like reporting bugs that the public won't get. I loose my data because it has to have a factory reset to remove that once it goes to the public. Also, dev preview is out in a few weeks, around April 14 - 27. Sorry for the huge range, just confidential the exact date.if you want to know mare, check out this app and the companion for Lumia Black, if you don't have it already. Keep asking these questions!

8.1| http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5f5fc7e1-07a4-4551-ba86-7de24b6c7ee3

Black|http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c67d7679-9017-47f9-9d1a-7effcafa58d0

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend at Microsoft who works on the updates. He can send it to my phone before it RTM's.

Oh yes..start making a story...we all will start comments...and then that poor guy who is going to share with you..MS will catch them same way how they did the other guy last week!! If all this is based on those 2 apps you have links, I think there are better things in WPCentral world.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey WPCentral forum users, I'm facing a difficult decision. I have the ability to get 8.1 on my phone now. However, if I do, I will have to factory reset it and loose all my app data, my precious app data. So, give me your opinion. Upgrade or wait? Please circulate with your friends.

UPDATE: there is a 90% chance I will keep my data.

Naa, it isn't that great. Just wait and enjoy your phone for the last couple of weeks until the Preview's ready. :)

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes..start making a story...we all will start comments...and then that poor guy who is going to share with you..MS will catch them same way how they did the other guy last week!! If all this is based on those 2 apps you have links, I think there are better things in WPCentral world.
Oh no, this is all allowed by Microsoft. I would be helping with bugs. And no, I do know more than he has posted there.

Bryan Sayas

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So, I actually wouldn't get the 8.1 that will be RTMed. It is the Microsoft development version, and has features like reporting bugs that the public won't get. I loose my data because it has to have a factory reset to remove that once it goes to the public. Also, dev preview is out in a few weeks, around April 14 - 27. Sorry for the huge range, just confidential the exact date.if you want to know mare, check out this app and the companion for Lumia Black, if you don't have it already. Keep asking these questions!

8.1| WP 8.1 Update | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Black|Lumia Black Update | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

So the point of having this post is to advertise those apps? lol

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No. I don't like the 8.1 that much either.

AS BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE GODS OF THE FORUM, I DECLARE THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION OVER. I HAVE DECIDED.
Please don't judge me. Thanks to most people who participated and your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786