Powered by Windows Phone

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, some of you who follows Android may have heard about the 'Powered By Android' on the boot logo of the HTC One M8 and the S5.

Maybe... Just maybe this is an indication of future dual boot phones? Or they are going to release an Windows Phone 8.1 of the same model?

Just a thought. Maybe in a few months we will be seeing a boot up screen on the M8 or 'W8' and a indication of 'Powered by Windows Phone 8.1'

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I doubt this is the reason why they did this. So farm Google (especially) and Microsoft have managed to squash the bug on the dual boot devices. Making a change like this for the purpose of Dual Boot is unlikely.

Now, I can see why they would add this in the sense of marketing, but I doubt it is really that deep since it is only see during boot-up.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh I wouldn't look that far into it. However, it could be an indication of that fact the manufactures will be making phones for Windows Phones as well. The rumors of the m8 running WP is from a pretty reliable source. I dont think you will see dual boot versions though. That's simply retarded. Who wants a phone to dual boot? If and only if, you could fast swap the OS somehow, that might be appealing to certain geeks. But the whole dual boot phone is pointless IMO.

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not into the dual boot thing. It will be a not wise move I shall say. But just a thought. Maybe its just to not confuse those shoppers who pick up a random Samsung windows phone who thinks it will run the same on their Android commercials haha

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh I wouldn't look that far into it. However, it could be an indication of that fact the manufactures will be making phones for Windows Phones as well. The rumors of the m8 running WP is from a pretty reliable source. I dont think you will see dual boot versions though. That's simply retarded. Who wants a phone to dual boot? If and only if, you could fast swap the OS somehow, that might be appealing to certain geeks. But the whole dual boot phone is pointless IMO.

IMO...a phone that could live and breath in the WP world BUT if I need one particular app on one particular day, having access to that (via an Android restart) would be nice.

The discrepancies are becoming less and less, but 2 years ago a dual boot would have taken WP Share by storm. I could have had a WP all the time, then when I wanted to watch MLB.tv or the NCAA Tourney, I could just restart the phone and use Android for an hour or two. But now those apps are out for WP and it makes it unnecessary. I am sure there are others though that have current examples.

Calling it 'retarded' is extremely short sited and close minded though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos