Office for windows phone 8.1

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Consumers don't need to be patient with Microsoft. If Microsoft can't keep pace with the rest of the industry and can do no better than the complete embarrassment that is Word mobile, then consumers can and will opt for alternatives which are more popular and feature-rich.

It isn't even about complicated editing, Word mobile is just completely unusable. The OneNote app is a better word processor than it. OneNote has its own issues though, such as the terrible navigation between sections and pages.

Last edited:

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Consumers don't need to be patient with Microsoft. If Microsoft can't keep pace with the rest of the industry and can do no better than the complete embarrassment that is Word mobile, then consumers can and will opt for alternatives which are more popular and feature-rich.

I really don't want to agree with you, but alas. ^^^Agreed^^^. Supply and demand is the most basic fundamental in business. Give the people what they want. I don't care about the popularity, or I wouldn't have had a WP for 2+ years, and WM6.5 before that. I just would like more functionality in there. I'm not saying a full suite, just a little more would be great!!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I only use office on my 920 to view my archive, and that's some what rare. Although I have a friend who needs an excel sheet to be with him on all times, keeps updating it based on customer requests, wish he had a WP he would really benefit from it, I guess.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Windows Phone Office needs improvements ASAP. It's VERY bad. There's literally no excuse for it to be as bad as it is now, seriously. Especially with how good the iPad version is, it's shameful to not have even 10% as many editing options on a Lumia 1520.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't mind them taking office out of the OS and making it an app so they can update it without having to do an OS update.. similar to how the FB integration and other stuff is all going.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't mind them taking office out of the OS and making it an app so they can update it without having to do an OS update.. similar to how the FB integration and other stuff is all going.

I fully agree with this. I wouldn't mind separation from the OS like Xbox Music and Video are doing now...although I'm a little worried since the Xbox Music app seemingly doesn't allow me to access the FM Radio...so I still have to use the original hub designed for the OS to do that.

Last edited:

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I gotta disagree with the whole MS needs to release apps for apple and Google. Why bend over backwards for one company who will turn and sue (apples new tablet keyboard) and the other who won't work with MS (no official YouTube) meanwhile that apps MS puts out for WP are halfassed at best or don't work (Bing weather). Good way to gain market shares in the mobile world MS!!!!

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
FM radio separation

I think you might have misunderstood so I'll clarify. :)

Originally there was the Music & Video hub. Inside of there you could play all of your music that you copied to the device, or the music that it saw on the Xbox Music service (if you allowed it to connect to it) as well as video content you copied over.

A short while back they introduced the separate Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps so that updates could happen more quickly instead of requiring updates to the OS. However that Music and Video hub is still on the phone.

That hub is the only way to access the FM radio functionality.

The option that says Radio in the Xbox Music app is actually for a SmartDJ/MixRadio type function. It doesn't access FM. It creates a streaming station of music related to whatever you add to it.

So I'm hoping that they add the real actual FM radio functionality into that app before they remove the hub in future. I will say that their streaming radio function in the Xbox Music app is pretty nice though. It seems to know my tastes more than other competing services do. I'm wondering if it's pulling from the ratings I've done with Zune over the years.

I gotta disagree with the whole MS needs to release apps for apple and Google. Why bend over backwards for one company who will turn and sue (apples new tablet keyboard) and the other who won't work with MS (no official YouTube) meanwhile that apps MS puts out for WP are halfassed at best or don't work (Bing weather). Good way to gain market shares in the mobile world MS!!!!

Have you ever worked in the tech world for one of the big players? The companies one day will be suing each other, and the next day appearing on stage together to announce things.

That's because at the highest levels they can separate the business needs out from all the other legal stuff that goes on. I still chuckle when people think that Jobs and Gates truly hated each other.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, you need a 3rd party app to use the built in FM radio

No you don't. The built-in Music & Video hub handles FM Radio as I already said. However they are working on separating those out into separate apps and the functionality isn't there at the moment.

I'm saying I hope they get that functionality shifted over to the newer separated versions.

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
What I think it is so easy to get frustrated with, is that priorities are being set for other platforms first. Goes back to "Get your own house in order first" adage. I'm understanding the push to make services available, universal and to cement them as THE Standard in the mobile realms as the are in Enterprise, but I'll be upset if "they" get better stuff than we do.

Microsoft Word has jumped to the top of the Apple Store free app chart, after releasing an iPad version of its Office software. Within hours Word, Excel, Powerpoint were the top-ranking free apps and allow users to read document?s. However for users who want to create and edit items an Office 365 subscription is required

More than half of Microsoft?s operating profit, around ?10bn, has come from the Office suite on the back of a resurgent business sector requiring its software. Guess this additional revenue from releasing the Office apps will be tremendous. So helping the MS ecosystem.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Word has jumped to the top of the Apple Store free app chart, after releasing an iPad version of its Office software. Within hours Word, Excel, Powerpoint were the top-ranking free apps and allow users to read document’s. However for users who want to create and edit items an Office 365 subscription is required

More than half of Microsoft’s operating profit, around ?10bn, has come from the Office suite on the back of a resurgent business sector requiring its software. Guess this additional revenue from releasing the Office apps will be tremendous. So helping the MS ecosystem.

The interesting part is that folks think that this release isn't MS 'getting their house in order' when it in fact is. They've had a group called the Mac Business Unit for a VERY long time. It's their job to make things that are specific to Apple products. So finally getting a nice version of Office out on iOS is getting that particular house in order.

What I find odd is that people feel that MS should hold off on releasing finished products that can be out there making money just so they can have parity for launch dates. It's weird.

Personally I like the business moves that allow them to make more money... not less just to prove a point.

I also noticed that the subscriptions are showing up in the app store counts now showing that people are also doing in-app subscriptions as well. When I checked a few days ago they were sitting at #4 grossing from people subscribing in-app from Word alone...

Last edited:

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
No you don't. The built-in Music & Video hub handles FM Radio as I already said. However they are working on separating those out into separate apps and the functionality isn't there at the moment.

I'm saying I hope they get that functionality shifted over to the newer separated versions.

really??? Um the only FM radio im able to see is the app called FM radio witch I had to install from the store, it shows up in the Xbox music/video app. 1520 btw.

Ugh Jesus I feel like a tard, your right I found it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte