"Show more Tiles" setting availability

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As Ive said many times the extra column does NOT make the tiles too small in devices like the Ativ, which is the same size as the 920. This is if you have normal eye sight. When you have used this for few days, trust me you wouldnt go back. After using it, the 2 column feels like its made for your grand mother.

I think most likely it will come to Lumia 920/1020, but speculating with this is kind of useless. We will see when the update will come.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just saw a post over at WMPoweruser indicating that it will be available only for 4.5"+
just a little rumor though

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand. Also you should know, that for example in my language a vertical column can be referred to as an "row", the direction does not necessarely matter. So its understandable people make this mistake and its probably not that big of a deal......

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I understand. Also you should know, that for example in my language a vertical column can be referred to as an "row", the direction does not necessarely matter. So its understandable people make this mistake and its probably not that big of a deal......

Interesting. I didn't realize internationally that row was sometimes used interchangeably for column.

tanglewoodDEV

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Belfiore said the option would be available for "ALL SCREEN SIZES" and he emphasized those words.
So, I'm not sure why WPC has so confidently stated that only 4.5" devices will have it... unless Belfiore misspoke.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Belfiore said the option would be available for "ALL SCREEN SIZES" and he emphasized those words.
So, I'm not sure why WPC has so confidently stated that only 4.5" devices will have it... unless Belfiore misspoke.
The expectation was that Microsoft would not allow a third column of tiles on smaller screens because doing so results in small tiles that are smaller than the "minimum touch target size" published by Microsoft. In other words, to enable the third-column feature, Microsoft needed to facilitate the violation of their own standards.

My guess -- and that's all it is -- is that Microsoft is willing to do this because 1) it's optional for the user, 2) users might enable the third column while using only medium and wide tiles, making all tiles large enough to satisfy the minimum touch target size standard, and 3) universal third-column support was a really popular request.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss