"Show more Tiles" setting availability

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Seeing how this setting exists on the L630, which appears to be 4.5", it's a given that all Lumias 92x and up are going to get that option (I'm guessing even the 1320 and 1520?).

It's really really great that Microsoft is giving us the OPTION to make our device look how we want it to, but I'm quite worried that users of Lumia 820, 720 and HTC 8X will be left out of this one.

Microsoft made it pretty clear that a row of 3 tiles depends very much on the size of the display (information will be readable regardless, it's just that there needs to be the non-touchable space between tiles and edges of the screen). While it may be a bit too much information at once on a 4.3", I think I can judge that by myself (and how good my eyes are, of course).

If such an option will not be present for users of these devices or those with this screen size (L820 owner here), then I surely know where 3 of my votes will go in Microsoft's Suggestion List.

EDIT: It has been confirmed. Every WP device is able to use a 3rd column and we have an optional toggle for it. All hail Microsoft !

Source: http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/best-selling-lumia-gets-better-with-windows-phone-8-1/

Last edited:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seeing how this setting exists on the L630, which appears to be 4.5", it's a given that all Lumias 92x and up are going to get that option (I'm guessing even the 1320 and 1520?).

It's really really great that Microsoft is giving us the OPTION to make our device look how we want it to, but I'm quite worried that users of Lumia 820, 720 and HTC 8X will be left out of this one.

Microsoft made it pretty clear that a row of 3 tiles depends very much on the size of the display (information will be readable regardless, it's just that there needs to be the non-touchable space between tiles and edges of the screen). While it may be a bit too much information at once on a 4.3", I think I can judge that by myself (and how good my eyes are, of course).

If such an option will not be present for users of these devices or those with this screen size (L820 owner here), then I surely know where 3 of my votes will go in Microsoft's Suggestion List.

I can tell you for sure that the setting is not available on the 1520. I have someone here that has a 925 and when he gets back, I will check his phone.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I want to have the ability to choose on my L820 too. Okay, maybe it's not very useful for this size, but I should decide if I can use it or not.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you for sure that the setting is not available on the 1520. I have someone here that has a 925 and when he gets back, I will check his phone.

But both 6" Lumias have the additional tiles enabled. Even though you don't have the option to disable the feature, you still already have it. Really looking forward to it and I hope they'll enable it for the 4.5" Lumias. Which they should, as they have at least three WP8 flagship devices with that display size: 920, 925 and 1020.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Verified that it is available on the 4.5" screen phones that I have had access too. The 1520 (and probably 1320) doe not have that option at all. Smaller screens, I will check. I have an HTC 8X that I will load up tomorrow and see how it goes. That is, if I can keep the damn thing from locking up. :(

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
1) You guys can't verify anything yet, it's an 8.1 thing.
2) By the 1320/1520 statement, I meant toggling the option to NOT have 3 tiles. Because that would look rather silly imo.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't available on anything 820 or lower purely because of screen res. Yes you'll be able to fit the tiny tiles on, but being able to read the text on them would be pretty impossible imo on an 800x600 res device... Just sayin. And yeah, like i said before, you'll have to wait until wp 8.1 is released to do this. That's like trying to verify cortana now. You cant, so stop trying lol.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not about rez, it's about size. Think how ridiculously small a row of 6 small tiles would look on L620's screen for example.

Anyhow, I'm still hoping they would limit this (or make it a universal toggle) for minimum 4.3". If not, I presume at least HTC 8X users to be seriously pissed.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
then explain It To me, i'm Using Windows 7 on My pc.

Have you registred your ativ as developer device?

Oh yes, it wasnt even available for W7 pc little while ago, but I think there was a hack for it. Go to XDA-developers.com, wp8 hacking. There you have all instructions and tools, for W7 also.

SamiHanna

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you registred your ativ as developer device?

Oh yes, it wasnt even available for W7 pc little while ago, but I think there was a hack for it. Go to XDA-developers.com, wp8 hacking. There you have all instructions and tools, for W7 also.
i think i have My ativ set as a Developer device.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am on my Ativ, I will be on my pc little later, then I can send you links, but go check XDA already. Everything you need should be there. If you have youre device as developer device, you only need xap deployment tool for W7 pc, then sideload the unlock helper tool to your Ativ. If you are running gdr3, you need to put one text file to tour documents folder. Like I said, all instructions and files needed are at xda.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo