Revamped Facebook app for windows phone 8.1 ??

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but recently in the leaked photos of the start screen of WP 8.1 , i couldn't help but notice the new Facebook app tile.
1. It has a deeper darker shade of blue
2. The Facebook logo occupies the bottom right corner of the tile in contrast to the current tile where you find that the logo is bigger and occupies the whole right side
This ultimately leads me to think that Microsoft is planning on revamping the current crappy Facebook app with the introduction of WP 8.1 to catch up with the Facebook app versions for android and iOS (and maybe even surpass them) since Microsoft is the one who designed it and not Facebook.
Anyways these are just my ideas and expectations.
What do you guys think ??

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Also, there are rumors that this so called "Facebook Blue" won't be developed by Microsoft but directly developed by Facebook Inc..

Just like the Facebook app for Windows 8.1 is developed by Facebook Inc.

I repeat, those are just rumors

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If I had to guess, I would assume that the more feature-matched APIs of Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 will allow a direct port of Windows' Facebook app to Windows Phone. At that point, Facebook will be modifying one code/feature base, which is awesome! And, we can finally do away with the Microsoft Facebook app.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I universally expect a revamp for all apps, seeing how we have all these new APIs. Facebook is a no brainer.

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess, I would assume that the more feature-matched APIs of Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 will allow a direct port of Windows' Facebook app to Windows Phone

Not as of yet with 8.1, the code bases are not completely unified. They should be %70 equal though, which makes the job quite easy. Full unification won't arrive until Windows 9 though, where 1 app should be able to run in desktop/tablet/phone adapting to de different screen space.

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but recently in the leaked photos of the start screen of WP 8.1 , i couldn't help but notice the new Facebook app tile.
1. It has a deeper darker shade of blue
2. The Facebook logo occupies the bottom right corner of the tile in contrast to the current tile where you find that the logo is bigger and occupies the whole right side
This ultimately leads me to think that Microsoft is planning on revamping the current crappy Facebook app with the introduction of WP 8.1 to catch up with the Facebook app versions for android and iOS (and maybe even surpass them) since Microsoft is the one who designed it and not Facebook.
Anyways these are just my ideas and expectations.
What do you guys think ??

My Facbeook Beta app has the Facebook icon on the bottom right corner when it is a medium sized tile too, so I don't think that its the new app in the pictures, unless they are using the same tile. But I do think they are coming out with a new Facebook app.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not as of yet with 8.1, the code bases are not completely unified. They should be %70 equal though, which makes the job quite easy. Full unification won't arrive until Windows 9 though, where 1 app should be able to run in desktop/tablet/phone adapting to de different screen space.

My point is thanks to common APPX and the API unification work that's done, I can't imagine Facebook using any of the 30% of APIs that aren't shared. In fact, more likely that WP would offer an API that doesn't exist in WinRT at this point. :)

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My Facbeook Beta app has the Facebook icon on the bottom right corner when it is a medium sized tile too, so I don't think that its the new app in the pictures, unless they are using the same tile. But I do think they are coming out with a new Facebook app.

I just checked and you're right , it is there already but still that deep navy blue color is very different than the one they're currently using

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and you're right , it is there already but still that deep navy blue color is very different than the one they're currently using

yes, the color is really different, i noticed that too, i wish it was transparent tho...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs