Post your latest Start Screen & Backgrounds!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 Start Screen Backgrounds Thread (Official)

Wow... ahm... you do realize you don't own threads, right? Sometimes topics are repeated and people post where they see more traffic. Nobody can steal from what you don't own. I can't even understand why you would care but... ok.

I'm obviously not making a big deal about it. I was just stating it.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

whishy whashy.jpg wp_ss_20140330_0008.png

that's my current "top of my startscreen", without the tile BG image, of course. i Think it looks Gorgeous as f*ck now.

EDIT:Added how it looks currently. Damn you skydrive, can't you just give me a normal link for my images?.

Attachments

• whishy whashy.jpg
    whishy whashy.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey, nice wallpapers. Just one question: what app do you use for the wallpapers to use on the tiles?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Question about Parallax Will 2 gig of ram be the requirement in order for it to function smoothly? ALA the Nokia Icon?.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Question about Parallax Will 2 gig of ram be the requirement in order for it to function smoothly? ALA the Nokia Icon?.

Now that you mention it, I had to watch the video again to verify, but it looks like the upcoming 630, which will probably come with a GB of ram, so I'm thinking that'll be the requirement, if anything, but we'll find out everything in a couple of day. Can't wait!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Now that you mention it, the video does have a 1020, which has 2 GB of ram... I hope the answer is no as I have a 920, but it could be. Couple days left, we'll find out then I suppose.
I too have the 920 and it does everything well but with all the new functionality plus Parallax? It might be taxing a bit. I don't want my 920 to be like my 900 was with 7.8.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I too have the 920 and it does everything well but with all the new functionality plus Parallax? It might be taxing a bit. I don't want my 920 to be like my 900 was with 7.8.
But the 920 won't lag that much as it does have 1 GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz dual core processor. Even if it does lag, I'm sure that Nokia/Microsoft will provide an option to disable parallax, just like they did when the provided an option to disable/enable double tap to unlock, glance screen and now haptic feedback on Windows keys

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

i have to admit i was really skeptical about this new start screen customization, it just didn't really make sense to me. After a few quick n dirty attempts on photoshop though, i'm newly converted - this approach can indeed look stunningly beautiful. However, it depends highly on the image chosen: I find that the less busy/contrasty the image and the darker/more saturated in color, the better it works to provide good visibility of the live tiles. I'm personally a fan of subtle gradients and i find this is the perfect replacement for solid live tile colors: 1 color is still the predominant accent but a gradient subtly bleeds into other tiles and it looks beautiful. See a bunch of tests i did, with my favorite gradients at the end:

View attachment 60911 View attachment 60912
View attachment 60913 View attachment 60914
View attachment 60915 View attachment 60916
View attachment 60917 View attachment 60918
View attachment 60919 View attachment 60920
View attachment 60921 View attachment 60922
View attachment 60923 View attachment 60924
View attachment 60925

looks amazing buddy!! Good work keep it up!! #build @ 2nd april#

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Parallax will not be such a demanding feature for your 920.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

What to expect at Build 2014: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Update 1, and more

What to expect at Build 2014: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Update 1, and more

Microsoft's highly anticipated Build 2014 Developer Conference is set to take place in San Francisco on April 2nd and will last until the 4th. While the weather is expected to be partly cloudy on April 2nd, developers and consumers around the world will be luminous, excited, and looking forward to what Microsoft has in store at the sold-out event.

Microsoft is expected to unveil Windows Phone 8.1, the next big update to Windows Phone 8, sometime during the event. Windows Phone 8.1 is set to bring an action center, a Siri-like voice assistant called 'Cortana' and much more. Other features include a password manager for Internet Explorer, the ability to view emails offline, better battery management, on-screen navigation support, and much more.

Microsoft has already said that Windows Phone 8.1 will be made available to any device currently running Windows Phone 8. Here's our hands on video of a leaked Windows Phone 8.1 build, showcasing some of the new features in action:

Microsoft acquired Nokia's devices and services division back in September of 2013 for a whopping sum of $7.2 billion. Microsoft is expected to complete the deal sometime in April, and perhaps we might hear about it during the event.

Microsoft is also expected to unveil Windows 8.1 Update 1. We've seen leaked builds and details about the update, which adds improved functionality for consumers who are using a mouse and keyboard. Update 1 brings along a new context UI menu for the Start Screen, quick access to the Power and Search buttons on the Start Screen, familiar window controls for Modern UI apps, and easier multitasking between Modern and Desktop applications with the taskbar.

Under the hood changes include reduced hardware requirements, meaning the operating system can now run on hardware with as low as 1GB RAM and 16GB storage. Microsoft is expected to release the update to MSDN on April 2nd, with general availability on April 8th via Windows Update during April's Patch Tuesday.

Microsoft also touched on DirectX 12 during the Games Developer Conference (GDC) a couple weeks ago, and perhaps the company will further showcase the new gaming API at Build. DirectX 12 has been redesigned to be faster and more efficient than ever before, boosting overall performance.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, during his Office for iPad announcement, promised that "Windows will innovate" and the company is expected to talk about "innovations in the operating system and innovations in devices" at the Build 2014 event.

Microsoft likely has other details in store for us during the event and the company is also expected to have a live stream of the event, which we will provide to you once it becomes available.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

How do you apply these pictures? Do you already have the dev preview?

Manu Tyagi

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

thanks lol of course you can use it :D I want to get you the best quality but I'm not sure how because onedrive always pukes on all my photos, if you really want it I can send you the best quality version in an email :p

just check in your Photo Setting, Upload to OneDrive is it set to best quality ????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers