Post your latest Start Screen & Backgrounds!

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
re: WP8.1 Start Screen & Backgrounds

This is very cool! I know there's an app now to create transparent tiles, but can you really have blank tiles that flip? I really like this idea.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Posting for comparison....

Home Screen currently on me 925.
Probably be different tomorrow.

Pedro Hicken

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

6xruG4F.jpg

JNate

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't it be awesome if we were able to have animated gifs as backgrounds?
I made a feature request and showed some examples of gifs to give an idea of the experience. Please help vote to make this real!!

See post:
Start Screen with animated background .gif image ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Post this link on related articles if you guys have the chance to, so the community gets us heard. It should not be hard for Microsoft to make this real in my opinion at this stage of the OS update which already supports background images. The WP8.1 update with the start screen background feature is great, but we need to prepare for what's next!

Last edited:

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't it be awesome if we were able to have animated gifs as backgrounds?
I made a feature request and showed some examples of gifs to give an idea of the experience. Please help vote to make this real!!

See post:
Start Screen with animated background .gif image ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Post this link on related articles if you guys have the chance to, so the community gets us heard. It should not be hard for Microsoft to make this real in my opinion at this stage of the OS update which already supports background images. The WP8.1 update with the start screen background feature is great, but we need to prepare for what's next!

Voted!

This is very cool! I know there's an app now to create transparent tiles, but can you really have blank tiles that flip? I really like this idea.

Absolutely! Use Tilesparency and you can get the clutter off the front screen.

Tilesparency | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I've been using a picture I took with my 1020 last week. Deep blue sky, a hint of some clouds to add a nice 'streaky' effect over your tiles, and a beach view if you scroll to the bottom. The only way this could have been better is if the people on the beach had been good looking.

cocoa-beach-L1020.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs