Now as you can clearly see from my post, I'm running a HTC One, but I'm wondering if there will be any way to get 8.1 on this phone (and by proxy other current Android phones) without losing access to things like the Windows Phone Store, Xbox achievements, et al. Anyone got any info on this? I can't get a new phone unfortunately but the 2GB RAM means it should run all the games smoothly. (Who knows, maybe I'll even try a 8/24GB Android/WP8.1 dual boot)

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-30-2014 11:22 PM
    This won't be possible as of now. But who knows, in the future someone might develop a hack. There are rumours that dual booting devices (Windows Phone + Android) will be released in the near future by some OEMs. That might result in someone finding a way to run both Android and WP.

Getting the Store and Xbox to work with be a lot trickier as I imagine each WP has a unique identifier to authenticate while accessing the store.

The only instance I remember a non-windows phone device running Windows Phone was the HTC HD2 which was modded to run Windows Phone 7

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2014 11:34 PM