Class 6 and above sd card may be required for WP 8.1?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
When I first read this, I was really annoyed. This seemed like one of those "do it on our terms" kind of decisions that I just hate in this day and age where it seems companies are just trying to control your decisions and lock you into their way of doing things. Once I did a little checking on the differences of memory cards, this makes a whole ton more sense. Like phones themselves, there are so many cheap versions that are being sold at cut-throat prices that Mom and Pop Consumer just grab and go thinking they are getting good deals, but end up getting such a degraded, crap experince it sticks with them.

There are so many options out there in cards that good deals on decent sd cards are not hard to find. We just need to be sure our circle of friends and family know what they are getting.

Devmer11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it matters I just read the windows phone blog ALL screen sizes get a 3rd Row and here's a quote on SD support "We’re introducing Storage Sense to help you get the most out of the memory and storage on your phone. It will help you manage content you have on an SD memory card if your device supports those. You can also move content – like apps, music, photos – between the storage built in to your device and an SD memory card" No mention on classes or speed

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
i dont have a wp yet but soon, and just today i bought a 16gb sdhc class 10 micro sd seems am good to go

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised this is even an issue, I don't remember the last time I used or bought a Sandisk SD that is slower that speed 10.

In 2014 I am surprised someone would even bother with slower cards and have to wait an hour for music, videos, or pictures to copy over to the PC.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised this is even an issue, I don't remember the last time I used or bought a Sandisk SD that is slower that speed 10.

In 2014 I am surprised someone would even bother with slower cards and have to wait an hour for music, videos, or pictures to copy over to the PC.
i don't think people buy slower cards bcoz they want it, or they want cheaper.
it most probably because they don't know the difference, and the sellers don't bother to tell them. it is the case here in India, because, most sellers also does not know the difference or even a few does not know what it is.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
am using class 4 am able to install apps in sd card!!

The class numbers are the minimum that the cards batch was tested to perform at. Your card may well perform much faster (class 6 maybe?) than it's listed as. It just can't be labeled as a class if it doesn't meet those requirements.

To everyone saying "why would you get a class 4?", it's because it's cheaper. Why would I pay $30 for this 32gb card (class 10), when I can get this 32gb card (class 4) for $20. Most people won't know what the classes mean, and will get the cheaper one with the same capacity.

simon 4

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah well 8.1 did at first let me install apps to sd card but now they don't load! So I delete and now they don't install. I also get error checking scanning on SD card on start up don't take long.

Music and videos on the sd card play fine. Well not all music but that's the app. Its a no brand 32g sd card does have 10 on it? I've ordered a Toshiba class ten sd card and usb reader now. But I suspect its 8.1/ firmware issue htc 8s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon