Class 6 and above sd card may be required for WP 8.1?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I think this is great. If someone using a SD class 4, with non-technology skills, have a bad experience on WP, they will blame the OS not the SD.

This requirement it is fair enough to keep the operating system apps working properly.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Dammit. I bought a new SD card just a few months back for my Lumia 1320 and never knew about all the class and stuff. Now I rechecked to find its class 4. Once Windows 8.1 is out I have to get a new card. Duuuhhhhh !!!!

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Eh...I can run android completely, OS and all, on a class 4 card and it's fine. They just need to weed out the cards with extremely slow random writes (which includes class 10 cards).

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I think this is great. If someone using a SD class 4, with non-technology skills, have a bad experience on WP, they will blame the OS not the SD.

This requirement it is fair enough to keep the operating system apps working properly.

Your right Bro, I had a friend of mine who used a class 4 SD card with his Lumia 720, Result = Pathetic.
It would always spoil the Video Playback if it was anything more than 720p it wud shutter and stop or lagg.

Even when you click pics it takes a sec or 2 when you have a slow SD card and your saving Pics on SD card.

I Think this is Great for WP8.1 OS will be fast like what it has been so far,

For people who currently Use Lower Class SD cards,dont worry its not that your SD cards wont work, but it will be a bit slower.
Which will end you will slower User Experience.

I think it will be Recomended but not compulsary.

threefortyduster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Who buys class 4 cards for anything? They can barely keep up with point and shoot cameras.

Trying to load a program from a class 4 is just a lesson in patience.

I haven't shopped anything less than class 10 in cards in about 2 years, and now I only look at the ultra/extremes due to the stuff I use needing them.

You can get a class 10 32gb card for $25 or less. Hardly a bank-breaker for decent performance.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Who buys class 4 cards for anything? They can barely keep up with point and shoot cameras.

Trying to load a program from a class 4 is just a lesson in patience.

I haven't shopped anything less than class 10 in cards in about 2 years, and now I only look at the ultra/extremes due to the stuff I use needing them.

You can get a class 10 32gb card for $25 or less. Hardly a bank-breaker for decent performance.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
No need to be so harsh..

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Question is if that's the case then how do we inform the general public? Most average users don't pay attention to stuff like that. They just go out and buy the cheapest card they can find and then blame the OS anyway when it runs like crap because they didnt do their research. They're going to have to find a way to make it VERY clear if this is the case. Back when WP7 first came out and the Focus had that SD card slot it was terrible because the OS was so finicky about the brand and type. We don't need another fiasco like that.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Your right Bro, I had a friend of mine who used a class 4 SD card with his Lumia 720, Result = Pathetic.
It would always spoil the Video Playback if it was anything more than 720p it wud shutter and stop or lagg.

Even when you click pics it takes a sec or 2 when you have a slow SD card and your saving Pics on SD card.

I Think this is Great for WP8.1 OS will be fast like what it has been so far,

For people who currently Use Lower Class SD cards,dont worry its not that your SD cards wont work, but it will be a bit slower.
Which will end you will slower User Experience.

I think it will be Recomended but not compulsary.

It will be required.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing they won't allow app storage to SD if requirements aren't met.

This is good because it Will prevent good apps from getting bad reviews.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism