I see in the list of features:
    Notification center Alerts, non-Toast notifications, update history, more
    Separate volume controls for ringtones/notifications and music/media

Here's my situation... When I am in meetings, I turn off the ringer to my phone, BUT if I have certain contacts email, text or call me, I NEED to hear that and respond.
    Does anyone know if I will be able to set things up so that even if my ringer is off I will be able to hear the alert from specific contacts?
    I don't want to know if they will show up on the screen as a pop-up or anything like that. I need to be able to hear them when they contact me.

Thanks!
    03-31-2014 01:23 PM
    just one more day and you will get your answer
    03-31-2014 01:32 PM
    just one more day and you will get your answer
    What??? Nothing is officially due out tomorrow.
    03-31-2014 01:43 PM
    What??? Nothing is officially due out tomorrow.
    Microsoft will show windows phone 8.1 on 2nd April (build conference )
    you can have a look at rumoured windows phone 8.1 features list here :- Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central
    03-31-2014 01:52 PM
    they do have a feature " Quiet Hours " which will disable notifications during pre-selected timeframe.
    03-31-2014 01:54 PM
    you can have a look at rumoured windows phone 8.1 features list here :- Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central
    Ahh. I see what you mean. It'll be interesting.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    03-31-2014 08:54 PM
    they do have a feature " Quiet Hours " which will disable notifications during pre-selected timeframe.
    I don't want to disable notifications during pre-selected times. I want to make sure that no matter what my volumes are, I ALWAYS hear the important alerts.
    03-31-2014 08:55 PM
    I don't want to disable notifications during pre-selected times. I want to make sure that no matter what my volumes are, I ALWAYS hear the important alerts.
    Yes separate volume is one of the confirmed feature
    Here is the full story about separate volume controls :- Windows Phone 8.1's separate volume controls exposed in new screenshot | Windows Phone Central
    03-31-2014 09:08 PM
    I see in the list of features:
    •Notification center – Alerts, non-Toast notifications, update history, more
    •Separate volume controls for ringtones/notifications and music/media

Here's my situation... When I am in meetings, I turn off the ringer to my phone, BUT if I have certain contacts email, text or call me, I NEED to hear that and respond.
    Does anyone know if I will be able to set things up so that even if my ringer is off I will be able to hear the alert from specific contacts?
    I don't want to know if they will show up on the screen as a pop-up or anything like that. I need to be able to hear them when they contact me.

Thanks!
    Back on topic. Cortana has a feature called "Inner Circle". Those that you put in there will always be able to get through regardless of DND, Quiet Hours or Silent.
    04-01-2014 01:48 AM
    Back on topic. Cortana has a feature called "Inner Circle". Those that you put in there will always be able to get through regardless of DND, Quiet Hours or Silent.
    One more day
    04-01-2014 02:17 AM
    do you know the exact tym when microsoft is gonna showcase WP8.1?? I know it on 2nd april i.e tomorrow but i want to know the exact time...
    04-01-2014 02:55 AM
    do you know the exact tym when microsoft is gonna showcase WP8.1?? I know it on 2nd april i.e tomorrow but i want to know the exact time...
    Build conference is in San Francisco , you can always check the date and time here. Let me google that for you
    Ankit Nawlakha likes this.
    04-01-2014 03:12 AM