04-26-2014 05:30 PM
126 1234 ...
tools
    This must be a April Fools joke... Don't use it. Everyone I have shown this love it!
    Btw, I don't think I said that I didn't love it.....
    04-01-2014 07:56 AM
    To be fair, it's a "windows" phone now. I like that.
    taymur and ShadowtheEmo like this.
    04-01-2014 08:35 AM
    I think it all depends on the background photo used and how well it translates to the tiles. I'll probably try it, not sure I'll keep it. From my perspective, choice is good.
    ShadowtheEmo likes this.
    04-01-2014 08:35 AM
    Also, this new background stuff may be different from what we had before, but it is still something unique to our platform. So, as long as we aren't copying the other guys, it's ok to evolve! Problem would be if it had evolved in a way that you would look at it and think that it was an Android or iPhone. That isn't going to happen so it's fine.
    F3rzz and ShadowtheEmo like this.
    04-01-2014 08:48 AM
    Just to get back on to the main idea, this isn't about our personal experience, its about windows phone being recognizable or not.

So will we lose our distinguished looking platform?
    04-01-2014 09:08 AM
    what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

that I think is a major loss.
    Really? Because I can't see any person with any ounce of common sense mistaking this platform for anything else. Plus, all platforms evolve. Its just the way it is. Xbox Live looks absolutely nothing like how it did when I got my first 360 4-5 years ago.
    04-01-2014 09:14 AM
    Remember how distinguished a Windows Phone was? When you see it magazines, movies, pictures, even if it was far to get a clear look, livetiles were vibrant and clear.

Guys, im sorry to tell you, but i guess the identity is gone.

61077d1396342473t-windows-phone-8.1.png

I seriously think this is wrong now.
    I don't agree, Android still looks like Android...

66652d1367369494t-galaxy-s4-screenshots-have-cool-homescreen-something-show-image.jpg

Apple still looks like Apple...

eny8evur.jpg

What's the big deal? o.o
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    04-01-2014 09:33 AM
    Just to get back on to the main idea, this isn't about our personal experience, its about windows phone being recognizable or not.

So will we lose our distinguished looking platform?
    TBH, it is still very recognizable. Regardless of the kind of background image I have, people know right away that it is a WP. The tiles are still very vibrant and easy to distinguish. Everyone that ha seen it has thought it was very cool. I have run into a couple people that did not like it and thought that since it was an option, it's okay either way.
    taymur likes this.
    04-01-2014 10:06 AM
    I don't agree, Android still looks like Android...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66652d1367369494t-galaxy-s4-screenshots-have-cool-homescreen-something-show-image.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	61102

Apple still looks like Apple...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eny8evur.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	61104

What's the big deal? o.o
    these are just icons(static) where are live tiles on windows phone are live , they flip and show information :)
    04-01-2014 10:11 AM
    what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

that I think is a major loss.
    How in earth can that person wont be able to recognize the ICONIC WINDOWS PHONE...
    The layout is same.. the start screen is same.. the concept is same.. Difference is just dat we have "live tiles background" now..!! And seriously it doesn't make any kind of huge difference..
    04-01-2014 10:26 AM
    I think I would prefer a background image and make the tiles trasnarent and not the images on the tiles...but, that's just me...
    colinkiama likes this.
    04-01-2014 10:32 AM
    I ******* hate those new tiles, i just wanted a focking background but NOOOOOOO.

MS knows better than us how to ruin their Windows 8 aka metro design
    Bruno Arphenia1 likes this.
    04-01-2014 10:38 AM
    Users will get the choice.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-01-2014 10:52 AM
    They won't get W8 style backgrounds, that's not a choice, that's limitation
    04-01-2014 10:57 AM
    Honestly, I'm thinking, so what if it makes WP less distinctive?...It's a phone
    I think it's too much when you're worrying that people won't recognize it from 2 meters away. I mean, most people will only see the body of the phone, it's not like people hold it the other way....right?

Also, to me it still looks very much different from ios & android.
    taymur likes this.
    04-01-2014 11:01 AM
    After seeing the video, I'm all for the picture mapped tiles... I may need to write an app that converts a picture to shades one color and crops to the right dims though
    04-01-2014 11:04 AM
    Have the flight attendant make an announcement over the loud speaker that you're using a Windows Phone, and all your problems will be solved.
    04-01-2014 11:06 AM
    When the tiles will flip , he would get a glimpse it's a windows phone , those square can be seen easily ;)
    True new backgrounds will disappoint lot of people including my mom , she would stick with old crimson color with black theme . But hey we are getting something different :D
    we want customization option.. other users would appreciate the new BG addition on "THEME hub" at the same time some would not care at all! they would stick with the same option they had been using since the first time they created their startscreen..
    04-01-2014 11:08 AM
    TBH, it is still very recognizable. Regardless of the kind of background image I have, people know right away that it is a WP. The tiles are still very vibrant and easy to distinguish. Everyone that ha seen it has thought it was very cool. I have run into a couple people that did not like it and thought that since it was an option, it's okay either way.
    are you running WP8.1?
    04-01-2014 12:43 PM
    we want customization option.. other users would appreciate the new BG addition on "THEME hub" at the same time some would not care at all! they would stick with the same option they had been using since the first time they created their startscreen..
    21 hour more and you will see live what Microsoft will bring new for live tiles ;)
    04-01-2014 12:46 PM
    Users will get the choice.

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums
    how do you have a choice of what will I use as a background?
    04-01-2014 12:51 PM
    I'd like transparent tiles on Windows 8.1 desktop.

I like to see my wallpaper beneath the tiles here.
    04-01-2014 12:52 PM
    how do you have a choice of what will I use as a background?
    you will still be able to choose solid colours. 21 hours left and you all will be able to see the new start screen ;)
    04-01-2014 12:53 PM
    Better than background change. I like that solution found by Microsoft to customize Windows Phone.

For these who don't like, well, just put a solid file or use old options.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-01-2014 12:54 PM
    I'd like transparent tiles on Windows 8.1 desktop.
    http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...1.png~original

I like to see my wallpaper beneath the tiles here.
    but Laura windows 8.1 is a desktop OS which works on big canvas\monitors or tablets , live tiles scroll horizontally where as windows phone works on phones (ranging from 4-6 inch ) , live tiles scroll vertically. again I will say 21 more hours , have patience all :)
    I am quiet sure Microsoft will not disappoint this time
    04-01-2014 12:56 PM
126 1234 ...