I was Pro Transparent tiles, now I'm not.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Taymur, Relax, have a beer, and don't worry. It will be fine. Just use wp and turn your transparent tiles off. Think about it this way, its not IOS, your going to look completely different in a plane anyways. Your already ahead of the game not being an apple lemming.! WP will survive and thrive. I am excited for the 8.1 update on my ativ s's ha ha. I really hope nokia/ms releases the surface design phone.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure how you figure it's no longer distinctive. It certainly doesn't resemble the other two major operating systems in any significant way either physically or in UI so I don't think there's much danger of someone mistaking it for an iPhone or a Galaxy S. Much ado about nothing, IMO. I've literally had people walk right up to me in airports and look over my shoulder right at the phone and ask things like "Is that a new version of Android?"already and the transparencies aren't even here yet. Like I say, in my opinion if they're that curious they'll approach you and you'll have to educate then anyway.
Is that a NEW version of android, because they noticed something different.

And about Microsoft and android, there is no formula I'd success, and neither there are immortal businesses.
They all rise and fall.

Btw please guys do t assume im defending my opinion, they are going to do, what they are going to do, its just we have nothing to talk about till tomorrow hahaha. So feel free to dig in.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Remember how distinguished a Windows Phone was? When you see it magazines, movies, pictures, even if it was far to get a clear look, livetiles were vibrant and clear.

Guys, im sorry to tell you, but i guess the identity is gone.

View attachment 61077

I seriously think this is wrong now.

This must be a April Fools joke... Don't use it. Everyone I have shown this love it!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Taymur, Relax, have a beer, and don't worry. It will be fine. Just use wp and turn your transparent tiles off. Think about it this way, its not IOS, your going to look completely different in a plane anyways. Your already ahead of the game not being an apple lemming.! WP will survive and thrive. I am excited for the 8.1 update on my ativ s's ha ha. I really hope nokia/ms releases the surface design phone.

pfssss ::eek:pensbeer:: waiting....

Can't believe its happening tomorrow, we waited so much. :)

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends on the background photo used and how well it translates to the tiles. I'll probably try it, not sure I'll keep it. From my perspective, choice is good.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I was Pro Transparet tiles, now I'm not.

Also, this new background stuff may be different from what we had before, but it is still something unique to our platform. So, as long as we aren't copying the other guys, it's ok to evolve! Problem would be if it had evolved in a way that you would look at it and think that it was an Android or iPhone. That isn't going to happen so it's fine.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just to get back on to the main idea, this isn't about our personal experience, its about windows phone being recognizable or not.

So will we lose our distinguished looking platform?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

that I think is a major loss.

Really? Because I can't see any person with any ounce of common sense mistaking this platform for anything else. Plus, all platforms evolve. Its just the way it is. Xbox Live looks absolutely nothing like how it did when I got my first 360 4-5 years ago.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Remember how distinguished a Windows Phone was? When you see it magazines, movies, pictures, even if it was far to get a clear look, livetiles were vibrant and clear.

Guys, im sorry to tell you, but i guess the identity is gone.

61077d1396342473t-windows-phone-8.1.png

I seriously think this is wrong now.

I don't agree, Android still looks like Android...

66652d1367369494t-galaxy-s4-screenshots-have-cool-homescreen-something-show-image.jpg

Apple still looks like Apple...

eny8evur.jpg

What's the big deal? o.o

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just to get back on to the main idea, this isn't about our personal experience, its about windows phone being recognizable or not.

So will we lose our distinguished looking platform?

TBH, it is still very recognizable. Regardless of the kind of background image I have, people know right away that it is a WP. The tiles are still very vibrant and easy to distinguish. Everyone that ha seen it has thought it was very cool. I have run into a couple people that did not like it and thought that since it was an option, it's okay either way.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
what Im saying is, if someone looks at your phone, from lets say 2 meters far, while in a plane for example, he wont be able to recognize that its a WP.

that I think is a major loss.

How in earth can that person wont be able to recognize the ICONIC WINDOWS PHONE...
The layout is same.. the start screen is same.. the concept is same.. Difference is just dat we have "live tiles background" now..!! And seriously it doesn't make any kind of huge difference..

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I would prefer a background image and make the tiles trasnarent and not the images on the tiles...but, that's just me...

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I ******* hate those new tiles, i just wanted a focking background but NOOOOOOO.

MS knows better than us how to ruin their Windows 8 aka metro design

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm thinking, so what if it makes WP less distinctive?...It's a phone
I think it's too much when you're worrying that people won't recognize it from 2 meters away. I mean, most people will only see the body of the phone, it's not like people hold it the other way....right?

Also, to me it still looks very much different from ios & android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss