Microsoft lied about update for all wp8 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakesh Racky

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will not be available for smartphones with 512 MB RAM its negative point to Microsoft to share wp devices.

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will not be available for smartphones with 512 MB RAM its negative point to Microsoft to share wp devices.

The main update will be available for your device anyway. And I think the developer preview is available for phones with 512 MB of RAM.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You will have to try harder next year :p

Tip: People here are usually very well informed about what's going on in the WP world!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to try harder!

Earlier yesterday night around 11:50 PST, Microsoft announced that the much rumored yet not-completely-confirmed Developer Preview for their upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 update will indeed become available on April 8th. Despite earlier inclinations though, Joe Belfiore expressed his sincerest apologies as the preview will not be available for devices that lack sufficient RAM.
In in tweets, he is quoted as stating: "The sheer innovation has proved [sic] problematic with lower end devices" and that [Microsoft] "hopes to announce a release date for the preview very soon."

This could prove problematic for a majority of the Windows Phone userbase, although Belfiore expressed hope that the carriers will release the official update packages within 14 days of the launch.

The Verge
Twitter

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If the update doesn't support for 512mb devices then I'm gonna seriously move to the android......
Hope this is an April fool.......

Go ahead and switch, you aren't using WP for us, but for yourself. If you are already in doubt, just do it and switch over. Cya, and say hi to Google from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans