04-07-2014 11:19 AM
429 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Nokia devices properly the 930, 630 and 635.
    I am confused.... So essentially they are just going to announce the same thing as we just heard???
    04-02-2014 01:42 PM
    Hey, y'all - don't forget that Nokia is having their announcement at 5 PDT tonight!
    If you BUILD it, they will come… - Nokia Conversations
    04-02-2014 01:42 PM
    I am confused.... So essentially they are just going to announce the same thing as we just heard???
    Undoubtedly they would not waste the money nor the time, to just replay what they just announced.
    04-02-2014 01:43 PM
    Undoubtedly they would not waste the money nor the time, to just replay what they just announced.
    So you think there will be different hardware?
    04-02-2014 01:43 PM
    When is the updating coming OTA to Lumia 520 INDIA? Any accurate guesses :P
    Summer
    Dario Federico likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:45 PM
    Months of watching Cortana grow and to see her now. I can't have a phone without her. She is my most used app of all time!!
    That's awesome. I'm assuming you work at MS. Great to see you guys participate and close to the fans/consumers.
    04-02-2014 01:45 PM
    Yawn. In fact, not yawn. OURAGE! Nothing for ATT? I don't even care if its a Lumia. Samsung's new phone is a Verizon exclusive, the Icon is a Verizon exclusive, the 930 will be available everywhere but the US... I have been looking forward to hearing about the next phone that I can actually purchase on my carrier for a long time now, only for them to announce nothing? The flagship ATT phone in the US is the 1520? Really? A phablet? A phone for a niche market?

I know they COULD announce something at 5:00 PM but I highly doubt it. Its probably just going to be about apps and sales and crap like that. Are we going to hear anything from Samsung, Sony, HTC, or any other device maker? I hope so.
    Neibl likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:46 PM
    There going to talk about the devices in more detail and show off other things such as apps.
    So you think there will be different hardware?
    Could be hardware, could be software, could be more SDK goodness, could be more about Microsoft purchase. I have no idea other than to believe it a total waste of money if they throw another big shindig only to say what's been said.
    Yawn. In fact, not yawn. OURAGE! Nothing for ATT? I don't even care if its a Lumia. Samsung's new phone is a Verizon exclusive, the Icon is a Verizon exclusive, the 930 will be available everywhere but the US... I have been looking forward to hearing about the next phone that I can actually purchase on my carrier for a long time now, only for them to announce nothing? The flagship ATT phone in the US is the 1520? Really? A phablet? A phone for a niche market?

I know they COULD announce something at 5:00 PM but I highly doubt it. Its probably just going to be about apps and sales and crap like that. Are we going to hear anything from Samsung, Sony, HTC, or any other device maker? I hope so.
    I would be expecting OEM's will be showing there devices throughout the next few days.

I hope there will be a SONY device!
    04-02-2014 01:48 PM

Wow.
    TripsG likes this.
    04-02-2014 01:48 PM
    I would be expecting OEM's will be showing there devices throughout the next few days.

I hope there will be a SONY device!
    I would be very happy with that! My only requirement for the next device that I purchase is that it gets updated every once in awhile. My HTC Titan II received 1 update in 2 years, and I don't even remember what was in it. Probably just some bug fixes.
    04-02-2014 01:49 PM
    I expected more information... like limitations on older devices, apps on sdcard, and stuff like that.
    04-02-2014 01:50 PM
    I don't have one but I do like it.
    good to know, i've tried most lumias and having being too pleased with my experience so thinking of changing
    04-02-2014 01:51 PM
    They could have improved the camera further, or added some definitive feature to help it shine. But as it stands nothing in the phone is a stand out feature, and its all been done before. I suppose my main disappointment with it is the release date and I can't even wrap my head around that.

The same camera that just won a blind comparison for best in the industry?

They took a phone that was released ~6 weeks ago, spruced it up a tad, and gave it to the world. Is it a game changer? No... but maybe it was a fantastic game to begin with.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    Off Topic!...
    Would cortana be available along with the dev preview for countries outside US?...
    Coz in the announcement, Joe told that cortana will initially be available in the US then UK and Canada and then the rest of world!..
    Wow.
    I realize it sounds like im overreacting, but I am still on 7.8. I was expecting something new and interesting. In fact I was certain the 930 would be an Icon that I could use on my carrier, but it isn't. My standards and expectations weren't that high. I wasn't excepting an SD cart slot or a file manager or anything that was even remotely unrealistic.
    I expected more information... like limitations on older devices, apps on sdcard, and stuff like that.
    I suspect more information will be shown about WP8.1 at each of the keynote.
    04-02-2014 01:52 PM
    Off Topic!...
    Would cortana be available along with the dev preview for countries outside US?...
    Coz in the announcement, Joe told that cortana will initially be available in the US then UK and Canada and then the rest of world!..
    No it wont only for US at first.
    04-02-2014 01:53 PM
    Could be hardware, could be software, could be more SDK goodness, could be more about Microsoft purchase. I have no idea other than to believe it a total waste of money if they throw another big shindig only to say what's been said.
    I hope it is something hardware wise. I am so dissapointed. Would be different if the 930 were coming out soon.
    04-02-2014 01:54 PM
    I would be very happy with that! My only requirement for the next device that I purchase is that it gets updated every once in awhile. My HTC Titan II received 1 update in 2 years, and I don't even remember what was in it. Probably just some bug fixes.
    I think that each keynote they will show off a different OEM's device to keeps us interested.
    04-02-2014 01:54 PM
    Is there any chance Nokia will announce "Lumia Cherry Blossom Pink" later today? It would be hilarious if they keep that name. I was hoping Elop would say something about that.
    04-02-2014 01:57 PM
    Keep in mind that it took three hours for them to give us the high-level overview that they gave us....

I realize it sounds like im overreacting, but I am still on 7.8. I was expecting something new and interesting. In fact I was certain the 930 would be an Icon that I could use on my carrier, but it isn't. My standards and expectations weren't that high. I wasn't excepting an SD cart slot or a file manager or anything that was even remotely unrealistic.
    Keep in mind that this is not a hardware conference - it is a developer's conference.
    BIGPADDY, jleebiker and BobLobIaw like this.
    04-02-2014 01:59 PM
    Is there any chance Nokia will announce "Lumia Cherry Blossom Pink" later today? It would be hilarious if they keep that name. I was hoping Elop would say something about that.
    They may do but I'm unsure lets wait and see what happens.

I doubt they will keep cherry blossom pink if they do mention it.
    04-02-2014 02:01 PM
    I thought the BUILD day 1 keynote presentation was well done overall. It was informative and entertaining. I'm excited to experience WP8.1 for myself. It looks like they addressed some key areas and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in my daily usage. The 930 looks tempting, but I'm still not sold on how it looks. Probably something I'll have to see in person to really appreciate it.
    BIGPADDY and Kashan Osama like this.
    04-02-2014 02:02 PM
429 ... 89101112 ...