BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
can you guys confirm for me, if the ativ s will get the 3 row tiles when i update with the developer preview? im getting one soon

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
OEM's need some more time with the updated OS before they can make phones that take advantage of all the new options. That and most of the good phones tend to come out before xmas

theetommyt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was excited that the 930 was basically the Icon. I thought there would be the same flagship device that is on Verizon and at least ATT (maybe TMo). That would help promote the brand much more. Unfortunately it's just another exclusive. This time on Verizon. Exclusives suck.

Could have been:
iPhone 5s
Samsung S5
HTC One (M8)
and...
Nokia Icon/930

WP needs a flagship on all 4 major carriers!

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
"If you want to try out Windows Phone 8.1 and you are a registered developer, you can update your phone as part of the Developer Preview Program in the first part of April."

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My favorite feature that I use a LOT with Cortana:

Me: Remind me to send an email to John Doe about the project next time I am at work
Cortana: Ok, I have set a reminder to send John Doe an email about the project next time you are at work.

When I get to work, I get a reminder. No date/time set, nothing, just tell it to remind me when I get to work.

Interesting... So you're saying it can be setup to do location based reminders? All via voice?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Cortana - way better than I expected
Word Flow - I can't wait to try it, and hopefully it will satisfy those who came from Android who want Swype
Development tools - just WOW
New Lumias - nice. Not on Verizon, but nice. Don't forget Nokia's announcement tonight at 5 PDT!
Best of Show - Satya in jeans, tennis shoes, and t-shirt! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99