BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I want to know more about the "single" app thing. Does this mean if I have Surface RT, Windows Phone and an xbox one, the same app can be run on it all with some modifications?
They did announce that they will enable the stores so that you can buy an app on tablet or phone, and use it on the other, without repurchasing. Of course, this will be developer dependent, I'm sure.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They did announce that they will enable the stores so that you can buy an app on tablet or phone, and use it on the other, without repurchasing. Of course, this will be developer dependent, I'm sure.

Right but isn't RT different in some respects code base wise? I know pro should have little issues, but curious about RT tablets as I am thinking of getting one.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is downright ridiculous. I don't know what they were thinking. And I am a WP ******.

Not sure what you are hoping for. I have a Lumia 900, 920, 1020 and 1520 and I can tell you that specs are supremely overrated when it comes to windows phones. going from a snapdragon 800 on the icon to the 801 on the 930 would do nothing. Like, 99.9% of people wouldnt notice a single difference.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you are hoping for. I have a Lumia 900, 920, 1020 and 1520 and I can tell you that specs are supremely overrated when it comes to windows phones. going from a snapdragon 800 on the icon to the 801 on the 930 would do nothing. Like, 99.9% of people wouldnt notice a single difference.
They could have improved the camera further, or added some definitive feature to help it shine. But as it stands nothing in the phone is a stand out feature, and its all been done before. I suppose my main disappointment with it is the release date and I can't even wrap my head around that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They could have improved the camera further, or added some definitive feature to help it shine. But as it stands nothing in the phone is a stand out feature, and its all been done before. I suppose my main disappointment with it is the release date and I can't even wrap my head around that.

I know who's never built a phone before..... :wink:

patrickwee

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So , how we get the dev review for windows phone 8.1 ? And after I installed that is my warranty will be void ? Or after installed the dev preview and I install back the official wp8.1 when it has released , will mine warranty is back ? Thanks !!

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I know who's never built a phone before..... :wink:
Not really sure what you're saying. When the competition is adding plenty of great new features and you're just doing the same thing they did last year, that isn't enough to compete. Release date wise there's no reason for this to have been delayed given the fact that the Icon quite some time ago, aside from changing the bands internally nothing else changed.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure what you're saying. When the competition is adding plenty of great new features and you're just doing the same thing they did last year, that isn't enough to compete. Release date wise there's no reason for this to have been delayed given the fact that the Icon quite some time ago, aside from changing the bands internally nothing else changed.
I'm simply saying that I know who's never built a phone before. If there was no reason, it would already be released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2