BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yawn. In fact, not yawn. OURAGE! Nothing for ATT? I don't even care if its a Lumia. Samsung's new phone is a Verizon exclusive, the Icon is a Verizon exclusive, the 930 will be available everywhere but the US... I have been looking forward to hearing about the next phone that I can actually purchase on my carrier for a long time now, only for them to announce nothing? The flagship ATT phone in the US is the 1520? Really? A phablet? A phone for a niche market?

I know they COULD announce something at 5:00 PM but I highly doubt it. Its probably just going to be about apps and sales and crap like that. Are we going to hear anything from Samsung, Sony, HTC, or any other device maker? I hope so.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So you think there will be different hardware?

Could be hardware, could be software, could be more SDK goodness, could be more about Microsoft purchase. I have no idea other than to believe it a total waste of money if they throw another big shindig only to say what's been said.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yawn. In fact, not yawn. OURAGE! Nothing for ATT? I don't even care if its a Lumia. Samsung's new phone is a Verizon exclusive, the Icon is a Verizon exclusive, the 930 will be available everywhere but the US... I have been looking forward to hearing about the next phone that I can actually purchase on my carrier for a long time now, only for them to announce nothing? The flagship ATT phone in the US is the 1520? Really? A phablet? A phone for a niche market?

I know they COULD announce something at 5:00 PM but I highly doubt it. Its probably just going to be about apps and sales and crap like that. Are we going to hear anything from Samsung, Sony, HTC, or any other device maker? I hope so.

I would be expecting OEM's will be showing there devices throughout the next few days.

I hope there will be a SONY device!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Wow.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be expecting OEM's will be showing there devices throughout the next few days.

I hope there will be a SONY device!

I would be very happy with that! My only requirement for the next device that I purchase is that it gets updated every once in awhile. My HTC Titan II received 1 update in 2 years, and I don't even remember what was in it. Probably just some bug fixes.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They could have improved the camera further, or added some definitive feature to help it shine. But as it stands nothing in the phone is a stand out feature, and its all been done before. I suppose my main disappointment with it is the release date and I can't even wrap my head around that.

The same camera that just won a blind comparison for best in the industry?

They took a phone that was released ~6 weeks ago, spruced it up a tad, and gave it to the world. Is it a game changer? No... but maybe it was a fantastic game to begin with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)