BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I was a bit disappointed but not surprised by the total lack of mention of Windows RT. (there was a reference to RT in the IDE screenshot, but that was about it)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was a bit disappointed but not surprised by the total lack of mention of Windows RT. (there was a reference to RT in the IDE screenshot, but that was about it)

I'm expecting that Windows RT will get more attention at one of the keynotes either tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm expecting that will Windows RT will get more attention at one of the keynotes either tomorrow or Friday.
Hopefully.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Microsoft appears to have "cheated" with the ModUI version of Office. During the presentation, once PowerPoint got past the file selection (clearly ModUI) it ceased to look like any ModUI app produced to date. So either Microsoft is changing some of the ModUI elements or using proprietary APIs.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
We all know, as now Cortana will be for USA, then my question is still can we get feature like quiet hours, etc. for other regions??
Will we get extra tile on Phones less than 4.5 specially L720 & L520?

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
We all know, as now Cortana will be for USA, then my question is still can we get feature like quiet hours, etc. for other regions??
Will we get extra tile on Phones less than 4.5 specially L720 & L520?

Yes, Joe Belfiore said that you can get extra tiles for any size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster