BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Daniel said 10th April but either way for non-US customers it sucks mostly as Cortana the best bit, has been left out for rest of the world. So no matter when I get my preview, I won't be as happy.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Daniel said 10th April but either way for non-US customers it sucks mostly as Cortana the best bit, has been left out for rest of the world. So no matter when I get my preview, I won't be as happy.

That does suck specially when I live in the UK, I'm currently on WP7.8 and hoping that it will be released when the new devices come with 8.1 at the end of this month into May.

However I doubt this will be the case and it a shame for those who will get WP8.1 with the dev preview.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't look like RT is getting the 8.1 Update :(
I saw no mention of RT when talking about Universal apps. That would've been the time to say how universal apps would catapult Windows RT to be the premiere tablet OS. But they didn't, which makes me wonder.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
They always mentioned phone, tablet and pc. I think they meant rt by mentioning tablet
That's not a safe assumption. In the past, Surface TV ads showcased Pros. Then consider that only Surface Pro devices were used during the keynote.

Um, RT was already updated to 8.1. It follows the regular Windows update schedule.
I believe he was referring to "8.1 update 1"... that was leaked a few weeks ago so it will most likely be available to the RT.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a kick in the nuts knowing Cortana isn't coming to Australia - from what they've said in the conference anyway.

They may have missed the ball :\

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The leaked copies of the updates have an installer for the rt tablets.

I have installed 8.1 update 1 on my Surface Pro 2, and my HP dv6t-SE, both from the official update path available to MSDN subscribers, this evening. There is, indeed, an RT installer in the zip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon