BUILD 2014 Live - WP8.1 Discussion Thread

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Fixed it for you (;

Thanks however I doubt they will show up, I think SONY will release it sometime this month or next not to compete against the Z2.

I wanted to watch build today just incase this will happen however I will be out so that not going to happen. :(

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You're right. A whole 2 weeks and then we'll finally get it. How dreadful. I'm sure all of those Android fans are laughing at us b/c we have to wait 2 whole weeks, while they all get the next version of Android the day that it's announced. MS is so far behind.

But that's the point, it's not just two weeks. In two weeks those of us on the developer preview *might* get the update (still subject to change), and those people outside the US will still be missing key features such as Cortana (massive) and quiet hours (it would seem other features, including this are only available with cortana). For those people there is no eta at all....

Honestly, there's bigger things in life to get worked up about, but I do sympathise with those that share the view above, and get frustrated that others put them down because they cannot comprehend an existence outside of their own, or one that is outside of 'murica!

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't the 930 have the 805 SoC? *sadface*
Not sure if you're using sarcasm or not but not even the top Android devices releasing are using the S805, I don't even know if it's out. Given that a lot of reviews talked about how the S800 in the 1520 wasn't THAT much faster than devices like the 1020 I guess the kind of power the 801, or 805 uses just wasn't necessary, especially with the heat and power they would need to function.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean RT will get Update 1?
RT does follow the normal Windows cycle of getting updates on Patch Tuesday (2nd Tuesday of each month). As for 8.1 Update 1 specifically, yes, it will be updated. I've downloaded the update bits from MSDN (available on day one for MSDN subscribers), and the zip file does indeed include a file for updating RT.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you're using sarcasm or not but not even the top Android devices releasing are using the S805, I don't even know if it's out. Given that a lot of reviews talked about how the S800 in the 1520 wasn't THAT much faster than devices like the 1020 I guess the kind of power the 801, or 805 uses just wasn't necessary, especially with the heat and power they would need to function.

I was being sarcastic. The 800 is pretty fast and most people don't feel the speed in day-to-day use, what does help is more RAM.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
RT does follow the normal Windows cycle of getting updates on Patch Tuesday (2nd Tuesday of each month). As for 8.1 Update 1 specifically, yes, it will be updated. I've downloaded the update bits from MSDN (available on day one for MSDN subscribers), and the zip file does indeed include a file for updating RT.

Thank you for clarification. Looks like they'll soon be one Windows to rule them all.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If someone here HAS to have the WIndows 8.1 update and does not have MSDN (I also used to have it but, no more)....Microsoft released it early on WIndows update for a very short time, Some really great people captured the files and they are available to download TODAY from your local torrent sites (some sites have links for direct download. bing it, I am sure you can find it). These are not beta, they are RTM.

I downloaded it, you just have to install 5 updates in order, after that your all set....

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If someone here HAS to have the WIndows 8.1 update and does not have MSDN (I also used to have it but, no more)....Microsoft released it early on WIndows update for a very short time, Some really great people captured the files and they are available to download TODAY from your local torrent sites (some sites have links for direct download. bing it, I am sure you can find it). These are not beta, they are RTM.

I downloaded it, you just have to install 5 updates in order, after that your all set....

Appreciate the info, but probably shouldn't admit to a crime on a public forum=)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise