Is windows phone 8.1 the death of iOS?

Connor Bunch

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends what your definition of death is.... I think the guys who started this thread is just hoping for the day WP marketshare passes that of IOS. And WP8.1 is a huge milestone towards that.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll say this though, for someone to even think to write an article on that, it at least shows that WP 8.1 has been very well received by everyone. Come on April 10th...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
and how do you figure not much? People on the low end don't buy phones for the same reasons as people on the high end and since the 520 is the top selling phone for its price range, it could ear away at it.

The 520 sales are what, about 2 or 3 million per quarter? That's 2 days worth of Android sales. For comparison purposes though we'd have to compare 520 against low end Android. If half are low end, then we're still looking at well under a week's worth of Android low end sales. WP has a long way to go to make a noticeable difference.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The 520 sales are what, about 2 or 3 million per quarter? That's 2 days worth of Android sales. For comparison purposes though we'd have to compare 520 against low end Android. If half are low end, then we're still looking at well under a week's worth of Android low end sales. WP has a long way to go to make a noticeable difference.

that's why I said how much it'll eat into, as opposed to "will it destroy Android"

KrightonX

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Look at human beings as a race. Then look at how simple iOS makes everything without having a single idea how anything technical works. Seriously you can hand an iPhone to a monkey and he can figure out how to send a message or place a call on an iPhone.

Now, for the rest of us with an IQ greater than a monkey, there is Android and WP 8 / 8.1 :)

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Its getting there, maybe in a few more major upgrades. I have a few friends who have moved from IOS to WP8 which is more than last year.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes ios is going to down if windows phone will become popular as long as now that windows 8 and windows phone is fully integrated. And they introduce each other to the crowd.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
that's why I said how much it'll eat into, as opposed to "will it destroy Android"

It won't eat into in short. Android sells way to many low end phones for windows phone to all of sudden eat into its market share.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
No. In fact, if Apple makes a 4.7 and 5.5 inch screen iPhone it will probably be the end of WP. What good is an OS if you don't have a device that people want.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bah... All these doomsday articles are stupid to no end. And like many, I can't understand why would someone want the end of any OS or company.

I wouldn't mind if Google were knocked of their high horse with a big hit, though. Their practices are getting shadier by the minute and I don't like it. Other than that, competition is healthy and we win with it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
No. In fact, if Apple makes a 4.7 and 5.5 inch screen iPhone it will probably be the end of WP. What good is an OS if you don't have a device that people want.

That is a concern. If apple makes large screened iPhone, they might get people from android and WP.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe android may die in the low end side never in high end side.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

No. Low end android devices make up the bulk of all android. Even low end android devices can run or have access to crucial apps someone might want. Why get this $60 WP if this $50 Android device can get all the apps the WP device has and more.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No. Low end android devices make up the bulk of all android. Even low end android devices can run or have access to crucial apps someone might want. Why get this $60 WP if this $50 Android device can get all the apps the WP device has and more.

By low end I did not mean the awesome moto g I meant buggy 512 MB android which cripple user experience to an extent they can't even make calls due to the freezes or lag.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That is a concern. If apple makes large screened iPhone, they might get people from android and WP.

But android can compensate by releasing a phone like moto g which won't dent your pocket.yes maybe high android users switch to Apple in a heartbeat if Apple makes large screen phones.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster