Where is File Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Federico

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If it won't come with wp8.1 there's alway the Third party app "Pocket file manager" and it's pretty much complete...
Anyway I don't need a file manager when the OS is well structured, a file picker is enough I think

Foma Kiniaev

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The right to own and use your files across the platform should be implemented, doesnt matter how. If i have docs in pdf I should be able to use them with email App directly ( dont sing the onedrive song, in corporate environment Cloud file Storage is widely banned)

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh C'mon! Why do we even need a file manager? Its a phone, not a pen drive to put all kinds of junk! Let's just hope MS has made integration of documents and photos into email better. That's all most of us need to do from a phone.

Foma Kiniaev

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh C'mon! Why do we even need a file manager? Its a phone, not a pen drive to put all kinds of junk! Let's just hope MS has made integration of documents and photos into email better. That's all most of us need to do from a phone.

For me that wouldbe enough. Plus - possibility to choose folders inmusic app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

You may not want one. But by the looks of things, a good number of people did want one. At least the option would be nice. Any option you can get to bring more people on board is always a good thing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's dumb that there isn't a file manager. Especially when you consider the new IE downloads feature.

You our can download and save files to a "Downloads" folder but there's no way to access those files. What the hell is up with that?

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Checked. It isnt there in onedrive. but as dario said, "Anyway I don't need a file manager when the OS is well structured"
Hmm, perhaps the OneDrive app will get updated?

it doesn't currently integrate with the file picker, while the photos app does.

For or reference, you can view local files with the OneDrive app for Windows 8.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Pay for something that should be an option natively?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

well hello first of all :D:D I think we have seen each other,liking each other's critical remarks xD,Well iOS has "open in" option but no file manager,Not sure about WP8 but yes a file "picker" must have to be a native function,alternative to iOS's open in option IMHO...with file picker+ this app,WP8 would rock :D IMHO xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb